“Very nice. Best value I've ever seen.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Amarillo West

Super 8 Amarillo West
Ranked #38 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Phoenix, Arizona
“Very nice. Best value I've ever seen.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2009

Having never been to Amarillo I was a little concerned with finding a budget hotel that was not a train wreck. When I saw this hotel on tripadvisor with only two reviews, I was a little leery. I am glad I opted to stay here. This Super 8 is nothing short of amazing for the price. Apparently it was a former all-suites hotel owned by a different chain. The room I had for $53 had like-new furniture, clean upgraded carpets, good light in the bathroom and a separate living area with a sleeper sofa, coffee table, an armchair, a reading light, a microwave and a mini-fridge.

This location is a super deal.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank LadyVagabond

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2009

Stayed here on drive from CA to Dallas, received internet rate, very reasonable rate. Friendly front desk (owner?), well stocked free breakfast. Make your own waffles or eat the eggs and sausage. They weren't Cracker Barrel, but was hot and seemed fresh. Also available, cereal, toast, bagels, danish, biscuits and gravy, coffee, orange juice, apple juice, all free. Used to be a Comfort Suites so all rooms are suites but at Super 8 prices. Parked loaded up van in front, no issues or shady characters hanging about. Nice indoor pool. Room was decent, bed comfortable, seemed clean, shower was good, plenty of towels and space in the room. After driving for 13 hours, this was a decent, comfortable, friendly, safe place to recharge. With well stocked and free breakfast, $62 rate for 2, friendly staff, we'll stay here again next time through. You can obviously find a better, higher end hotel, but for travelers on the road, it was perfect. Also, stayed in non smoking room, and it actually smelled like a non smoking room.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank BrianKH
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2009

There are lots of inexpensive places to stay in Amarillo but this place is unique. It was once a Comfort Suites motel and is now a Super 8. So you get a suite for Super 8 prices.

I agree with the description in the previous comment. My bed was excellent. The place was quiet and conveniently located. After a long drive it was pleasant to walk across the street to a Red Lobster for a nice meal.

I enjoyed the Texas shaped waffles for breakfast each morning. I found the wireless internet strong and fast, the people friendly.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank Clamato
on th road
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2009

I just can't say enough nice things about this facility. The exterior of the building looked clean and well maintained. The lobby area was plush and inviting.
The general manager, Pradeep Kumar (PK for short), was very friendly, helpful and very accomodating in every way. The owner, 'Ricky', was wonderful and helped me with my bags (which required the luggage cart). Very friendly people. And they are very intent on making your stay an enjoyable, comfortable one.
The suite I had was very nice with good lighting. Three lamps in the 'living room' area with a ceiling light in the kitchenette area. Sofa, coffee table and end tables, two chairs in addition to the desk/dining table. The bedroom had lamps on each night stand and one on the dresser.
The internet connection was wired and wireless. The front desk gives a password for access.
Hair dryer, iron and ironing board were furnished. Everything was clean and in working order.
There are a few restaurants in walking distance, Red Lobster for one.
The bed was comfortable with plenty of VERY SOFT pillows. The pillows were terrific.
Breakfast was between 6 and 9 am and included hot sausage and eggs, biscuits and gravy as well as the normal cold/hot cereals and pastry.
The pool is indoors.
Check out was fast and efficient.
Easy off and on I40 at Exit 68A. Really met all my needs and exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank OnTheRoadRetired
Katy, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2009

Half the hotel said Super 8, half said comfort suites. A/C vents in hallways covered with plastic, so the common areas were sweltering hot, unable to get keycards to work, so we had to get the night manager (or her son who stayed there the whole time) to let us into our room every time. Breakfast was disgusting, and there is no elevator, so don't get an upstairs "suite" if you have heavy luggage.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Traveling BBQ Tour
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2009

Not the best part of town, when we pulled off the highway, we were glad that a couple of nice restaurants were within walking distance, that is until the manager told us that they all recently closed or moved. Hotel is outdated and suite was cramped. Not all fixtures worked. Front desk did suggest eating at "Big Texan" as they offer free limo service - just don't get a steak - had to send back twice...
On our way back through town, we stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites just East of here and were totally impressed.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2009

I was so impressed with the service I received last time, I just had to post this review at a couple of travel sites.

As a general rule, I am a pretty picky when it comes to hotels. I prefer comfortable rooms at reasonable prices. The first thing I want is a quiet room and then a clean bed. My wife get's "annoyed" if she thinks the sheets weren't changed. And if moma ain't happy....

We've often stayed at this hotel during our travels and found the accomodations to be comfortable and the room a bargain for the price. The General Manager "PK" has always been friendly and willing to help in anyway he can. During our last trip he went above and beyond what is normally expected.

During breakfast it seems my son decided to wrap his retainer in a napkin while he ate. You know what's coming. After we finished we threw everything away and went upstairs to our room whereupon he discovered his retainer was missing. We came back downstairs fully expecting the manager "PK" to tell us there was nothing he could do. Instead, he went through all the trash accumulated during breakfast and examined every peice. We were down to the bottom of the last bag and were about to give up hope when he opened a napkin and found the retainer. We couldn't believe someone would essentially dumpster dive for a guest. PK and his staff have always been helpful, but this was beyond anything we could hope to expect.

What a great place to stay! Needless to say we'll be staying there everytime we go through Amarillo. Thanks again!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family