“We were greeted by a friendly and warm manager.Asked for a...”

Super 8 Amarillo West
Ranked #40 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We were greeted by a friendly and warm manager.Asked for a g
ager. Asked for a room on ground floor and were given a suite with. no extra charge. Rooms were clean and spacious with a flat screen tv.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We reserved here so we could visit friends. We ended up staying three nights because of storms. Staff was really nice to us -especially David. The room had really old furniture, but room was large and comfortable. The room was dusty, but it is Amarillo and the dirt was blowing like crazy. Had good frig, good shower, and plenty of hot water. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Suites are quite roomy if you care to spend a little more.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larry W
Reviewed April 4, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The bathroom light bulb was exposed. The carpeting needs to be at least vacuumed as well as shampooed. Dust was everywhere. The handle to the dresser drawer fell off in our hand. The towel bar was not secure. The pool was freezing...kids couldn't stand it. I wish people would critique this hotel for what it is. Who cares about the so called "fancy" cheap furniture in the front entrance! I will say that the lady at the desk was nice but that was the only positive.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank jewels9701
Reviewed March 25, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The lobby is beautiful and fancy, so I was really thinking that the rooms were going to be beautiful as well. You can tell that the rooms were decorated nicely at one time but the furniture is pretty beat up and dirty. Our couch had a huge rip in it that had been repaired unprofessionally, like a 10 year old had sewed it up with a needle and thread. The beds are very hard and extremely upcomfortable. The tub and toilet were stained and dirty. The door to the bathroom didn't even shut, the doorknob was broken. The plug in the bathtub didn't work, and we had to rig something up just so the bathtub would hold water.
The window was very loose, and rattled all night long as the wind blew. There is a gap in the window, so not only did it rattled, the wind whistled through loudly, keeping us up.
We requested a non-smoking room and area, but the hallway reeked of fresh cigarette smoke. I called the front desk to complain about the cigarette smoke smell and she claimed that was impossible because we were in a non-smoking section. This Super 8 motel is more expensive than the other Super 8 motels we have stayed at.. almost 20 to 25 dollars more expensive per night. They have an inside pool, but it is not heated..it was cold, and my kids were freezing after 10 minutes. The coffee maker was ancient, and was gross. There was no way I was going to drink coffee out of that thing.
I am a single mom, and money is tight. For $92.00 per night for two beds, (we stayed for 3, pre-paid nights) you would think that you would get a decent room. I realize I should have demanded my money back and found another cheaper and nicer motel. But, unfortunately, my littlest daughter was sick, and I was exhausted. I just didn't have it in me to pack everything up and move.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE!

• Stayed: March 2014