“Way better than we thought”

Super 8 Amarillo West
Ranked #39 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I originally booked for the 1 king room, then upgraded for 20$ for a 2 queen. It was much nicer than I had expected considering we had just barely left a 2 star from Flagstaff AZ. The flagstaff one was crap compared to this and they are both 2 star hotels. This one was like a living room with fridge and hideaway bed in the couch and chair and microwave and sufficient space in the bathroom > in addition to the bedroom. Super spacey and clean enough and new enough for us. The staff was super nice and helpful.

My only beef isn't with the hotel, rather with these guys easytobook.com because I couldn't print out an invoice from the front desk for business travel reimbursement for our room because easytobook.com pays for the room with their master card account and you actually pay your money to easytobook.com so when they printed out the "receipt" it had their master card last 4 digits on there and no price quote on it so I'm hoping my email confirmation is sufficient for reimbursement from my travel office for work.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Enjoyed my stay. Easy to find. Good value. Just a stop on a trip where I was on the road for 12-14 hours a day.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Location is extremely good - easy access to freeway. Rooms are average but clean and serve the purpose. Having a microwave and fridge in the room was a plus and the staff was very friendly. The complimentary breakfast was very good and the staff did a very good job at keeping it up ensuring the offerings were available. We stayed for 4 days as we were visiting some family members and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I'm just going to share my pictures. They may actually be worth MORE than the usual 1000 words....
We were in town for a 3 day visit. We had traveled for over 9 hours to get to the hotel, and this is what we were greeted by. After being forced to spend one night in the room, we were moved to another room. The second room was MUCH MUCH better. Which just makes me wonder, why they weren't able to have the first room in that condition?!?!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Misty S
Reviewed August 14, 2012

After not findeing the right Super 8, until the third one we were thankful to finally find it. The directions and the Garmin did not seem to jive with the sign coming into town with the listing of two of the three Super 8s which added to the confusion.

The rooms seemed okay. The bathroom was very dirty with mold or mildew on the walls which really grossed me out. The couple that we were with were going to bring food into the room, but the sign in the breakfast area said "No Food allowed into the rooms" Which seemed odd. I am sure there was some sort of sanitary reason, but not sure why. The rest of the placed seemed okay and the staff was pretty nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Patti011_11
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We were told our room would be on the first floor and no elevator needed, but it was actually up a flight of 7 steps, which is a problem for my husband. The hallway smelled like old cigarettes. However, the room was very clean and well-appointed. Everything was up to date, maintenance was good, and I slept well. They accept pets.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is now a Super 8. Not super by all means, mediocre at best.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family