“Nice people, clean park, level spaces.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Oasis RV Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amarillo
Oasis RV Resort
Powell Butte, Oregon
“Nice people, clean park, level spaces.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

This was a great place to stop. Would definitely stay here again if taking this route. The office staff was friendly, cheerful and helpful, the grounds were clean, the spaces level and huge. Even the guys who helped us with propane were very nice. The whole park has well-maintained, wide asphalt roads, the spaces are level concrete with large areas for chairs, etc. some small plantings between spaces--probably about all the wind and weather will allow. The hookups appeared to be brand new. My favorite kind of showers--each in its own private room with a sink and toilet, and very clean and well-maintained.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oregonmm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lucas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Oasis RV Park provides a nice overnight break for RV'ers traveling between Dallas and Colorado or New Mexico. The park is convenient to Interstate 40 just west of Amarillo, TX. It is clean and neat with concrete pads. Hookups are brand new. Even the internet is good (by RV Park standards). Price is reasonable and staff is friendly. They even have a pizzeria onsite. The park has few trees (it is West Texas afterall). However they do have an RV planted in the ground, mimicing the nearby Cadillac Ranch. We will definitely stay at this park again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CoolPapaGreen
Hudson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I got exactly what I was looking for. We needed an overnight while on route to phoenix. Having some problems with our diesel so we had to unhook (Gene Messer Ford was about 5 miles and they are a 10!) other wise the concrete pads with blacktop roads likely were suitable to not unhook. Easy on/off freeway with a Loves truck stop right there too. We found the bathrooms very good, not excellent but very acceptable. A little strange when the school bus made its morning stop to pick up residents kids but hey whatever. They were pleasant at check in and I would use them again without a doubt. 35' fifth wheel.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank AnUmpire
Rockport, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Nice big sites, well maintained, lots of comfort stations and laundries, very clean. We liked it because of the out of the way country setting, not much highway noise, away from the airport, but very convenient to the city. It was off season so pool and spa were closed. We ordered one of their pizzas, it was very good. Enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

After a 5 month journey across the pacific northwest, it was long drive to get back to north Texas. Even tho we've driven through Amarillo many times, we've never stayed here. Due to all of our driving, our aching muscles needed some TLC. The "adults only" hot but was a life savor! The outdoor setting, cleanliness, fabulous showers nearby, central "drink table"…made this hot tub one of my all time favorites! In general, the facilities were very clean and we loved the "dollar donation" ice option. We were very happy that long term residents seemed to be placed at the other end of the park…as we encountered one young man continually riding his motorized bicycle around the park and it was quite noisy. We experience friendly folk in the office and had plenty of walking options for our dogs. (I would pass on ordering food from the office, tho…as it wasn't tasty.)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas City, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I would only stay here if you are more of an over night or short term guest. I DO NOT suggest staying if you are a long term guest. The Park manager is extremely hateful, and unprofessional. Not a kid friendly place for the family that is there longer than a few nights. If you would like to be belittled, and disrespected, then this is the place for you. Not only was I mistreated, but I let that go, and still sent travelers I know to that park. (The park was so beautiful, I gave it the benefit of the doubt anyway). Needless to say I have a few friends that are not so happy me and with the treatment they received at the park, as a long term guest. So just keep this in mind. I have noticed most good reviews come from short term guests.

Room Tip: Good for short term or over night stay. Avoid for long term or monthly residents.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Gypsy A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We were very pleased to find such a nice campground on the outskirts of Amarillo. It looked new & was so clean & neat. The ladies in the front office were very friendly & helpful. I went over to ask them about a restaurant I had looked up on Trip advisor & they gave it a good recommendation with a coupon for a free appetizer or dessert. That was such a nice surprise.
The nicest thing about Oasis was the fact they had clean private baths with several buildings scattered around the camp sites.
The only problem I had was poor wi-fi reception. I have not experienced this on any prior campgrounds. It is possible the problem was due to the fact we were between $300K dollar mansions with dishes blocking our signal. The cable was great with many channels available.
I would definitely stay here again & recommend to family & friends.

• Stayed September 2013