WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Amarillo
Los Angeles, California
“Nice facilities...but MSNBC?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I'm a Marriott Gold Rewards member. I stay at a Marriott whenever it is feasible possible. So, staying at the Fairfield Inn Marriott in Amarillo Texas was a given since I was passing thru the area. To see MSNBC on in the lobby was shocking. I'm used to CNN. I prefer Fox News. I'm used to CNN. To see this channel on made me recoil and not want to return. I'm sure the Fairfield Inn at the Airport wouldn't have made such a poor news choice for breakfast viewing.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
      Cleanliness
2 Thank acv1968

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
philly
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I was driving my daughters stuff from LA to Philly and Amarillo was my second stop.
I am a Marriott Rewards member and look for,those properties first. I got a great AAA rate and based on the TA reviews I chose this property. It is just off I40 and since I was driving a box truck that was great. It is true that the property is a little 'worn' but everything worked perfectly and I was comfortable. I did get a room next to the elevator and usually would swap,that out (I am an end of the hall kind of guy). That night I decided to o with the flow and didn't even hear the elevator. I skipped breakfast because it was a Saturday and the small eating area was packed.
If (God forbid) I ever need to go to Amarillo again I would stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
      Rooms
1 Thank alzsailor
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Alzsailor,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo and for being a loyal Marriott guest. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable and quiet rooms. Hopefully, if you are ever back in Amarillo you will have a chance to try our complimentary breakfast. Please allow us another opportunity to host you.

Carol L.
Brentwood, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed here with 3 adults and five children under 8 in two rooms. The rooms were large and clean. The hotel was relatively quiet, considering it was fully booked with traveling families the night we stayed there. This is a Fairfield, so a small lobby and breakfast area should be expected. I was impressed with the way the staff handled such a large number of guests with breakfast items, keeping the serving dishes stocked and the room picked up.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

Yes, across the parking lot the Residence Inn is a little nicer etc but this hotel is perfectly fine for a road trip stopover. It did bother me that the walls of the lobby and elevator were scratched up and in need of a paint job, but the actual room was very nice, very quiet and cool with a comfortable bed and good breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Marilyn E,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our quiet rooms, comfortable beds and complimentary breakfast. Please allow us the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Amarillo.

Carol L.
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

I was more than pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It is by far the most updated Fairfield I've seen, with good sized rooms, and friendly staff. We even enjoyed the pool area. Small but perfect for three kids tired of riding in the car! Having a Buffalo Wild Wings in the parking lot was a huge bonus for this Mom who was tired of driving and in need of an adult beverage!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Pampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Quite, clean and great service. We had a really nice stay. Front desk was very polite and professional. Maids cleaned thoroughly everyday. Great location. Highly recommend this hotel for your next stay.

• Stayed June 2014
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

The Fairfield is far enough west along Interstate 40 in Amarillo to be in a good neighborhood. We were in town for Homer's Backyard Ball. The event and the Fairfield are both located right along the highway.

We came in all dirty from the music festival fairly late and the front desk staff was on the spot to give us additional towels, soap and shampoo with a smile. They were also able to direct us to a spot popular with the locals for great Texas chicken-fried steak.

I really enjoyed our clean room and the complimentary hot breakfast with Texas-shaped waffles from the make-your-own iron.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple