“Excellent Location on the Way to Albuquerque” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6600 Interstate 40 W, Amarillo, TX 79106   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Member Rates
Ranked #19 of 69 Hotels in Amarillo
Midland, Texas
“Excellent Location on the Way to Albuquerque”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We've stayed here a few times, and they remembered us from previous stays (last year). We had full hot breakfast, fresh baked cookies and 24 hour coffee station. They honored our profile by booking us in a room near the elevator, and making sure our room was feather free. They also offered us some bottled water and snacks because we were Marriott Elite members.

The mini-fridge worked so well that our little ice pitcher we had froze before leaving home was still frozen solid the next morning! There was even a small freezer unit for our blue ice!

This room came with a chair and a foot rest, as well as a nice large table.

The breakfast was excellent with scrambled eggs, sausage links, potatoes, waffles, and much more!

We left our coats hanging in the closet and phoned them when we arrived at our next stop. They had them ready for pick-up when we stayed there again the next week.

They offer two speeds of Wifi in the rooms. The free version was for email and internet surfing, and the $4.95 for 24 hours enabled video streaming.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Martha B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Holyoke, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had never stayed here before on my annual trip to Amarillo, but the hotel I usually stayed at went WAY up in rates. This hotel was very welcoming, clean & comfortable.! "Tony" at the front desk was of great assistance with my questions. The only thing was, that I noticed the floors in the elevator & one corner of my room hadn't been vac'd good, and a few other areas of the hotel. I did report this to mgmt. upon check-out & she informed me that they had just received approval for new commercial vacuums as theirs were badly outdated. I still give this hotel 5 stars because it was otherwise perfect! Close to several restaurants, & the medical centers.

Room Tip: My room was right next to the elevator, but it was still very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel does not meet Marriott standards. The hotel needs to be renovated. Hotel is in a good location. No hot water in the shower. Internet did not work at all. Could not even get logged on. When I asked the staff they said that they did not own the service and that I would need to contact the service. I understand this, but it did not help me when I needed to use the service. The staff is very professional and I do not blame them. I blame the owner of the hotel that does not keep the property up to standards.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Rpgamble7,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear about the less than satisfactory stay you had at our Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo. We aim to impress our guests and it is obvious that we came up short during your stay. I have already addressed your concerns with my maintenance staff and internet provider to ensure that future guests do not have the same problems. Please allow us another opportunity to show you the level of service of which we are capable on your next trip to the area.

Carol L.
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have stayed here several times before, and I keep coming back. It is clean, conveniently located and has a nice staff. My bed was VERY comfortable – the bathroom spotless and my room had nice little frig. There’s an indoor pool and a gym (neither of which I used). Parking is free, as is good wi-fi. There’s a very nice free breakfast spread in a spacious, super-clean area in the lobby. All good! I’ll be back when my travels find me in Amarillo again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank tczig
Aurora
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The staff at the Check In Desk were very nice and willing to help us in any needs and wants. The room was large, clean and with extra pillows as we had requested. The pool and hot tub area were very nice also. It is just off I-40 with easy access to it. Plenty of restaurants and gas stations around it. If you are riding a Harley -Tripps H-D is almost next to it if you need something. If traveling through Amarillo again I will surely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This hotel is adjacent to I-40 which was convenient during my cross-country trip. The desk staff were especially cordial and made me feel as if my business was truly appreciated! The room was clean and neat and had all the amenities I needed. The hostess at the complimentary breakfast was very friendly and I could tell it was important to her to ensure all guests were enjoying their breakfast and had what they needed. She's an outstanding employee! I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel if you are in the Amarillo area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Thiis property is one of the very best Fairfield Inns I have stayed at. The pool and workout facillitiies are near y . The property is exceptionally clean and the staff is friendlly. The Marriott Residnece Inn shares a parkng lot, and we wre welcome to enjoy the happy hour and breakfast there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family