“Nice, clean, friendly”

Ranked #21 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Houston, Texas
“Nice, clean, friendly”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The desk clerk was friendly and helpful. She did refer us to a chain restaurant instead of a local restaurant but we didn't specify we were looking for a local restaurant, so I'm pretty sure she just gave us the safe choice.

Our room was cleaned and well-maintained. Like all the beds in the Marriott group of hotels, the beds were soft and the sheets were crisp and clean. My husband complains that the pillows are too soft. If you really like firm pillows, you may want to bring your own.

The included breakfast was fine. We got to eat quickly and get back on the road. We will definitely stay here, again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jcurry1
AmarilloFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you would like to stay again with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel through Amarillo!

Regards,
Carol L, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Nice, clean, and conveniently located Marriott brand hotel that is great for business travel in West Texas and the panhandle area. I stay here at least once a month and the staff is very friendly and courteous.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PatM157
Lowell, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I thought for the cost of my room it was worth it, I did book in advance on line which helped. The room clean , bed was comfortable , the staff was friendly . I needed to get to the hospital in the morning and it was about a 5 minute drive . It is located off 140 making it easy to find .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed one night in September '13. This is an older building with the cottage cheese ceilings, dim lighting etc, but has had some upgrading. My room rate was $115 per nt. which I believe is a bit high. The room was average size with a nice TV and small work area, and was clean. The bathroom was fine except for a small area of light mold. Given the heat and humidity in Texas in September, I chose not to make a big deal of it. The free breakfast was good, about the same as most other hotel free breakfasts. I had a Marriott gift card that I wanted to use as partial payment,(probably had something to do with choosing this hotel) and had to work with two different front desk folks to get that accomplished. All in all an average stay. Probably could have done better dollar-wise if I'd shopped around.

Room Tip: I-40 is very close, so the further away the better. The hotel does offer white noise machines if tha...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dan H
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Dan H,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Please accept my apology that we did not exceed your expectations. I'm sorry that you found mold in the bathroom and I will have my housekeeping staff address this right away. I'm also sorry that you felt the rate you paid was high. We are constantly monitoring our rates and work hard to stay competitive with the hotels in our area. I hope that the next time you are in Amarillo you will give us another opportunity to impress you.

Carol L.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This may well be unfair but although I have spent the night in Amarillo a number of times it has always been just that, a night. I have found that while heading east via interstate 40 Amarillo is my goal driving from either Arizona or Nevada. Heading west I try and make it to Tucumcari, New Mexico. Anyway I think the Fairfield west is one of the better choices in town. Although on the north side of 40 it is not really an issue as both the exit and entrance have those wonderful no stop u-turn lanes that make for easy on and off. Anyway the hotel has been recently updated and I find it not only a nicer hotel but also a better value than the Residence Inn which is right next door. Good size room comfortable bed quick, efficient and friendly front desk staff. What more can you ask for. The HVAC works smoothly without with what I find annoy clunk when it kicks in. Breakfast is your typical fare the staff keeps the food warm and available and the areas clean so no complaints there. So if you are looking for a good night’s sleep at a reasonable price just for I-40 than you should consider this property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Dave W
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here for one night in August 2013 on a drive to Phoenix. It was easy to get to off of I-40. Decent breakfast which makes it easy to get going in the morning. It was clean and when staying at a Fairfield you know what to expect. Not luxurious, but decent.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Hmm1960
GLENDALE
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Very nice hotel upon check in staff very friendly and helpful. Many restaurant close by, breakfast very good. Rooms large and comfortable clean bathrooms only thing was the bed the mattress was very soft you felt like you were sinking into the bed. but overall nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo