“Could be better for the price”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center
Ranked #20 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed one night in September '13. This is an older building with the cottage cheese ceilings, dim lighting etc, but has had some upgrading. My room rate was $115 per nt. which I believe is a bit high. The room was average size with a nice TV and small work area, and was clean. The bathroom was fine except for a small area of light mold. Given the heat and humidity in Texas in September, I chose not to make a big deal of it. The free breakfast was good, about the same as most other hotel free breakfasts. I had a Marriott gift card that I wanted to use as partial payment,(probably had something to do with choosing this hotel) and had to work with two different front desk folks to get that accomplished. All in all an average stay. Probably could have done better dollar-wise if I'd shopped around.

Room Tip: I-40 is very close, so the further away the better. The hotel does offer white noise machines if tha...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dan H
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Dan H,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Please accept my apology that we did not exceed your expectations. I'm sorry that you found mold in the bathroom and I will have my housekeeping staff address this right away. I'm also sorry that you felt the rate you paid was high. We are constantly monitoring our rates and work hard to stay competitive with the hotels in our area. I hope that the next time you are in Amarillo you will give us another opportunity to impress you.

Carol L.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This may well be unfair but although I have spent the night in Amarillo a number of times it has always been just that, a night. I have found that while heading east via interstate 40 Amarillo is my goal driving from either Arizona or Nevada. Heading west I try and make it to Tucumcari, New Mexico. Anyway I think the Fairfield west is one of the better choices in town. Although on the north side of 40 it is not really an issue as both the exit and entrance have those wonderful no stop u-turn lanes that make for easy on and off. Anyway the hotel has been recently updated and I find it not only a nicer hotel but also a better value than the Residence Inn which is right next door. Good size room comfortable bed quick, efficient and friendly front desk staff. What more can you ask for. The HVAC works smoothly without with what I find annoy clunk when it kicks in. Breakfast is your typical fare the staff keeps the food warm and available and the areas clean so no complaints there. So if you are looking for a good night’s sleep at a reasonable price just for I-40 than you should consider this property.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Dave W
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here for one night in August 2013 on a drive to Phoenix. It was easy to get to off of I-40. Decent breakfast which makes it easy to get going in the morning. It was clean and when staying at a Fairfield you know what to expect. Not luxurious, but decent.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Hmm1960
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Very nice hotel upon check in staff very friendly and helpful. Many restaurant close by, breakfast very good. Rooms large and comfortable clean bathrooms only thing was the bed the mattress was very soft you felt like you were sinking into the bed. but overall nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BARBARA O
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Upon arrival, we were greeted by a friendly front desk employee. He was very nice and helpful when checking us in.

The room and bathroom was something out of a stylish magazine. It was very to date and CLEAN. Both queen sized beds were very comfortable to sleep on. The sheets were soft and did not have that hard feeling to them. After being on the road for 11 days, and in 11 different hotel rooms at that point, everyone in the family commented on the softness of the sheets. We all agreed it was our best night sleep during our vacation.

The indoor pool was medium in size. They had a computer room with two computers to use instead of having to wait for someone to get off. It was very nice.

We had never stayed at a Fairfield Inn and Suite before, so when we showed up for breakfast we were knocked off our feet. Marriott does a wonderful job with their breakfasts. The 4 kids didnt go hungry. You had anything from lite and healthy to pancakes and scrambled eggs. The coffee was great. It wasnt weak like most other hotels.

The location of this hotel was GREAT too. Very easy to get too off the interstate. It is on the side road (access road for local traffice) that runs parallel to the interstate. Make sure you dont get in the lane that puts you back onto the interstate. Can be a bit confusing if you havent been in TX before with their access roads.

Even better yet, it was about 15-20 minutes down the road from the best steak in the world: The Big Texan home of the 72oz steak as seen on Man verse Food.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank soccermomof4
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were very impressed with this hotel. The room was very nice and the hotel staff were very helpful and courteous. Little things like the front desk staff suggesting a place to eat, and then when we came back from dinner, asking us how things went and did we like the restaurant. Would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sherlock6142
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

loud hallway noise and horrible king sized bed. felt like 2 people sharing a pool float. Ugh. however, the green and white decorating scheme in the bathrokm was pretty. the hosta leaves pic made me smile.

• Stayed: July 2013
AmarilloFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Ms. Hansen, Thank you for staying with us during your last trip through Amarillo. I am glad that you like our decor package, we enjoy it as well. I am very sorry that you found our beds uncomfortable. We are in the middle of changing out all the mattress and box springs in our rooms and should have this completed by the end of August. I do apologize that there was loud hallway noise. Please keep in mind our front desk would be more than happy to speak with other guests who may be causing too much noise. I hope that the next time you come through you will be willing to give the Fairfield Inn Amarillo another chance! Thank you, Carol Larson, GM