Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center
Ranked #20 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
“Never Again!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

When we first get into our room I notice the toilet had paper in it, thinking that it was cleaner, I went to flush it. But what happened then, it started to overflow! I called they said they would send someone up to fix it. Within a few minutes a lady from the front desk knocks and HANDS US a plunger!! Like it was us that did it! At the same time my parents were checked into their rooms, got there and it was not ready! They had to wait in the lobby for the room to be ready instead of getting a new room. Then later after we went to a show, could find nooo parking, used my key to get into the hotel, for us to make it to our room for it not to work. And the lady at the front desk was no help at all when asked when the manager would be in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AmarilloFFS_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the issue with your bathroom and that our front desk staff wasn’t more accommodating. I can assure you I have addressed this with our staff so that it won’t occur again in the future. I am also very sorry that there wasn’t another room available for your parents at the time of your check in. Again, my apologies and I hope you will look to us again in the future and allow us the chance to make things right.

Regards,
Carol Larson, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites was a treat. I enjoyed my stay after riding eight hours in a car with two kids. The Fairfield Inn & Suites served eggs and bacon for breakfast which was a complete surprise. My kids enjoyed the pool and loved the heated pool and whirlpool. The fitness center only had three machines so swim for your exercise. Overall the stay was great. Finally it nothing to eat around the hotel within walking distance you must drive your car to any place to eat. Small elevator and located on the access road. Easy to get back on the highway.

Room Tip: Small elevator-Pool is only 5 ft and heated but very small. Breakfast has the eggs and bacon so don...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Making a trip from Arizona to Wisconsin this is where I like to stop. It is always a great hotel with a helpful staff. The rooms were good and they even upgraded me to a nicer room. I had a good rest before a long drive the next day. The location is great next to Hwy 40. I will return.

Room Tip: All seem to be good.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
New York, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Nice place, good staff, but the remote location beyond the outskirts of civilization and being surrounding by desert is a bad place to park cars if there is any wind at all. Had the planners been thinking, they would have put in an underground garage because asking customers to park out in a sand/dust storm is a very bad idea. If your car needs sandblasting, this is the place, free with your stay.

Room Tip: pick the end away from I-40. It's noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 250nightsayear
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thanks Carol-Good Response! I made a few small changes below. Please post.
thanks!

I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Amarillo Fairfield Inn & Suites West Medical Center. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our staff. Unfortunately, Amarillo is a very windy area and we quite often do have wind storms, being located in town provides us some protection with all of the surrounding buildings next to us but it never seems to be enough. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will keep us in mind the next time you are in Amarillo!

Regards,
Carol Larson, GM
Stotfold, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We knew that this was going to be a great stay as soon as we arrive at reception. Excellent welcome and recognition of Marriott status. The hotel was very busy but everything ran smoothly.

Our room was very spacious and comfortable. The usual fridge and microwave. The usual very comfortable Marriott bed ... nice seating area. Everything was nice and clean. Breakfast was quite busy the next morning but everything was kept fresh and topped up.

Plenty of parking but access was a little difficult as roadworks had reduced the traffic flow on the road to one lane ... this looked like a fairly short term closure.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel is quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sunray, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel was very clean and the staff was nice enough to let me have my room at about 12:15 pm because I had stayed up for 30 hours straight waiting for my sister to have her baby. The hotel was clean and the rooms had amenities that other hotels do not. Normally I stay at Choice Hotels but Marriott might be the better chain. Overall it was a great stay, I was very pleased.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Surprise, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Made reservations before we left home, and glad we did since a winter storm and truck accident hit Amarillo. There were people looking for rooms, and the staff was trying their best to accommodate. Our rooms were ready, no problem. Even with the storm outside, the place looked clean, which is due to the staff keeping the place looking good. I don't think you can go wrong staying here.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family