“Great staff. Great Room.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center
Ranked #21 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel was very clean and the staff was nice enough to let me have my room at about 12:15 pm because I had stayed up for 30 hours straight waiting for my sister to have her baby. The hotel was clean and the rooms had amenities that other hotels do not. Normally I stay at Choice Hotels but Marriott might be the better chain. Overall it was a great stay, I was very pleased.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Made reservations before we left home, and glad we did since a winter storm and truck accident hit Amarillo. There were people looking for rooms, and the staff was trying their best to accommodate. Our rooms were ready, no problem. Even with the storm outside, the place looked clean, which is due to the staff keeping the place looking good. I don't think you can go wrong staying here.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We found this Fairfield by accident online and now stay here routinely on our trips. Neat, clean, and in great condition! We love the location and how it is maintained. It is a great value for the money!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road on the frontside of the hotel! Less noise that way!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2013

After a long day of flying from Canada, we had chosen this hotel for a few reasons. 1) The cost was great for an overnight stay [King Room for under $100 before tax] 2) Unlike their Airport location, this location is close to downtown type attractions and such [its about a twenty minute drive from the airport if you are stopping at Starbucks] 3) The overall cleanliness [what really sold me was this franchises cleanliness]. The staff member was friendly when we arrived. I will say the elevator is a tad odd, like it was added after the fact, but not a deal breaker. When we entered our room the temperature was great, and the room smelled fresh. It had that sense of cleanliness. I always pull back the sheets right away, as I've had some bad experiences with bodily hairs on my supposed fresh sheets. To my complete satisfaction the bedding was fresh, I even received my extra feather pillows I had asked for. The next am, our breakfast was more than filling. I could have stayed longer if we didn't have an engagement elsewhere. Yes, we did stay just one night, but we will stay again. In fact our next stay is already booked. Hope you are helped by this review. :)

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was a great choice. I was in town for a wedding and chose to stay at the Fairfield Inn. This was a great decision. The hotel has been updated since the last time I was here and is very fresh and clean. The location is an excellent one. There is easy access to the interstate and this can get you to anywhere in Amarillo very quickly.
The staff was the best part of the stay. Everyone one was friendly and happy starting with the manager down to the room attendants. You couldn't ask for better.

Room Tip: The rooms at the end of the halls make for great access to the stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I stopped here on our cross country journey. We had, for the most part, been staying at low budget hotels (la Quinta), but decided to splurge half way across the country.

The staff was extremely friendly, breakfast was great, room was spacious and clean, exercise room was good enough to get in a solid workout in the am, and there was nice area out back to exercise my dog.

I would definitely ecommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2013

As with most Fairfield Inns, the basic offering is good and this one is no exception. It is clean, convenient to I-40 on the West side of town, in a good part of town near movie theaters/malls/hospitals, etc. The room beds, bath, amenities are all standard Fairfield and while this one may be a bit older, it is more than sufficient for a night or two. The small pool is clean with lots of towels and the breakfast has something for everyone. The staff is very friendly and willing to assist in all areas. The only real complaint is that there isn't a close place to eat that you can walk to - all really require a car unless you want a lengthy walk. Down the street about 5 minutes and across the highway are many, many chain restaurants so just expect a short drive and all else is fine.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family