“Great Place to Stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center
Ranked #21 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We found this Fairfield by accident online and now stay here routinely on our trips. Neat, clean, and in great condition! We love the location and how it is maintained. It is a great value for the money!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road on the frontside of the hotel! Less noise that way!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 13, 2013

After a long day of flying from Canada, we had chosen this hotel for a few reasons. 1) The cost was great for an overnight stay [King Room for under $100 before tax] 2) Unlike their Airport location, this location is close to downtown type attractions and such [its about a twenty minute drive from the airport if you are stopping at Starbucks] 3) The overall cleanliness [what really sold me was this franchises cleanliness]. The staff member was friendly when we arrived. I will say the elevator is a tad odd, like it was added after the fact, but not a deal breaker. When we entered our room the temperature was great, and the room smelled fresh. It had that sense of cleanliness. I always pull back the sheets right away, as I've had some bad experiences with bodily hairs on my supposed fresh sheets. To my complete satisfaction the bedding was fresh, I even received my extra feather pillows I had asked for. The next am, our breakfast was more than filling. I could have stayed longer if we didn't have an engagement elsewhere. Yes, we did stay just one night, but we will stay again. In fact our next stay is already booked. Hope you are helped by this review. :)

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was a great choice. I was in town for a wedding and chose to stay at the Fairfield Inn. This was a great decision. The hotel has been updated since the last time I was here and is very fresh and clean. The location is an excellent one. There is easy access to the interstate and this can get you to anywhere in Amarillo very quickly.
The staff was the best part of the stay. Everyone one was friendly and happy starting with the manager down to the room attendants. You couldn't ask for better.

Room Tip: The rooms at the end of the halls make for great access to the stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I stopped here on our cross country journey. We had, for the most part, been staying at low budget hotels (la Quinta), but decided to splurge half way across the country.

The staff was extremely friendly, breakfast was great, room was spacious and clean, exercise room was good enough to get in a solid workout in the am, and there was nice area out back to exercise my dog.

I would definitely ecommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2013

As with most Fairfield Inns, the basic offering is good and this one is no exception. It is clean, convenient to I-40 on the West side of town, in a good part of town near movie theaters/malls/hospitals, etc. The room beds, bath, amenities are all standard Fairfield and while this one may be a bit older, it is more than sufficient for a night or two. The small pool is clean with lots of towels and the breakfast has something for everyone. The staff is very friendly and willing to assist in all areas. The only real complaint is that there isn't a close place to eat that you can walk to - all really require a car unless you want a lengthy walk. Down the street about 5 minutes and across the highway are many, many chain restaurants so just expect a short drive and all else is fine.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were traveling though and arbitrarily chose this hotel on our way. The room was nice, clean and comfortable, and the request for feather free bedding was met. The breakfast was good enough, although they ran out much earlier than the breakfast hours (about an hour too soon). It was a bit hard to find by our GPS, as it is on a frontage road, not really I40 as expected. But, as we had a good stay, we decided to reserve for our way back, as well, and they had the same room for us, a week later, just as well kept up. The breakfast wasn't handled any better, however.

Room Tip: We had room 302 both times, and it was quiet and easily accessible.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I have stayed at many different Fairfield Inns, and this one was average. It was easy to locate (we were on a road trip) and check-in was smooth. The lobby is very small and it appears to be an older hotel that has been renovated. Our room was snug with two beds, but it sufficed since it was only for a night. The towels in the bathroom were awful- scratchy and thin. The beds were comfortable, although a little on the soft side. The room and bathroom were clean and smelled fresh.
We didn't have breakfast so I can't comment on that, although it looked like standard Fairfield Inn fare. This place suited our needs for a night, but I probably would only rebook here if I only needed to stay again for one night.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
AmarilloFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for staying with us.

We are about 15 years old and do pride ourselves on keeping our hotel clean and up to date. Marriott is actually changing the towels that will be in all Fairfield's this year and we are looking forward to getting a better quality product for our guests soon.

We do hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Amarillo!

Regards & Happy New Year,