Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center
$110
$80
$120
$80
Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo(Amarillo)
$120
$89
Hotels.com
$104
$94
$98
$99
Country Inn
All reviewsfront deskhard boiled eggsaround midnightservice roadone night staycomfortable bedbreakfast areafitness roommedical centerunder renovationconvenient locationindoor poolnice hotelwould stay here againoatmealpleasant staygood nights sleep
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Better than your average Fairfield Inn right on I-40. Had a newness to it which speaks to the maintenance and the overall attitude of the staff. Rooms were comfortable and very clean. Breakfast was a touch above others in this class with staff members eager to please. Would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Traveldennis
Reviewed September 1, 2011

There was only one clerk checking guest in at 6pm when I arrived so I had to wait to check in. The clerk seemed annoyed to be there and wasn't really friendly or helpful. To her credit she did suggest a pretty good place for us to eat dinner. The room was a standard hotel room with no frills. it seemed clean but I don't think house keeping is very thorough as the refrigerator had beer left in it from previous guests. For the value it was a nice stay while passing through Amarillo.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Driving cross country and, in the extreme heat, couldn't wait to get inside an air conditioned hotel room. When we arrived, there were like 50 people in the lobby -- all part of a kids' baseball team staying (taking over) the hotel with pizza and wine bottles all over the dining area of the lobby. The lobby felt like 99 degrees at 7pm. The front desk lady said she'd have to run up and "check" on our room to see if it was ready....at 7pm, really?! I sat in the lobby with my laptop and realized the internet was slower than molasses. Could not pull up one website.

With all the hubbub going on in the lobby and the lack of a/c and the slow internet, went right back up to the desk and asked to be checked out. Perhaps it was a fluke because the hotel was full with this traveling team of chaotic families (did I mention there were 50 kids in the tiny pool jumping in from every direction??). My own kids were like, "Mom, do we really have to stay here?!" I felt sorry for the friendly front desk workers as they had to work in the heat and put up with the whiny families taking over the entire place....but we left and found a much nicer place to stay down the road.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Enjoyed our brief stay there, with a friend , heading to Colorado. Nice rooms, wonderful shower, only negative was pool too cold, hot tub too hot. Could not use either.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I was driving all the way from California and got in really late and just needed a place to rest my head. I had tried a couple of different places and they were all booked. I walked in to this Hampton and the gentleman Walter at the desk was very friendly and very helpful. It was a very enjoyable and very comfortable and I was very pleased.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo