“Very nice property just off I-40”

Baymont Inn & Suites Amarillo West
Ranked #52 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
FORT WORTH
“Very nice property just off I-40”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stay here regularly in my travels & rooms are always clean & well-maintained. Rates are competitive. Staff is friendly; rooms are spacious & unlike one of the other reviewers, I have never seen an insect in my room. The wireless internet works well. The breakfast is great- waffles, sweet rolls, cereal, yogurt, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy- something for everyone. I always sleep well there.

Room Tip: Every room that I have stayed in has been fine. No noise from I-40, good accessibility.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We spent the night in Amarillo on a three-day drive from Tennessee to New Mexico. This hotel is pretty worn and is not up to the level we have seen in other Baymont Inns. It would benefit from some updating.

Room Tip: There is a Comfort Inn and Suites next door which we will try the next time we stop at Amarillo.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas City
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were hoping to get farther in a drive but had to call it quits at 11pm in Amarillo. Went through hotels.com and partly chose this for the 24 hr lobby (hate standing outside ringing bells waiting.) polite, speedy check in. Around other hotels and stores as well as a gentle mans club down the way. Outdoor doors not locked. Hallway carpet drabby and general wear and tear in the halls. BUT our room was nice. Very large. Clean room, bedding, towels. Soft, comfortable king bed. Even had room for a fairly large couch. Breakfast included cereals, biscuits and gravy, eggs, waffle maker, etc. Not gourmet, but more than most value hotels offer. Pretty busy during our stay but had seemed so quiet at night- surprised at all the people in the morning! Our room was comfy and a pleasant surprise. If you're not tired though you might have dwelled on the other issues before getting to your room and felt underwhelmed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed January 7, 2013

On my trip to denver i spend the night of december 24,2012 in this hotel because before i used to stay at this hotels but in this one once i walked in my room after 15 minutes of being there i found a cockroach on my bed once i pulled down the bed sheets and my son who was in my computer in the desk saw another one under the desk i called the office immediately and told them about the disgusting moment that i experinced and i tried to get my money back because i wanted to move hotels and they told me that i had to call hotels.com to be able to fix my problem because i did my reservation with them not directly with my hotel. Hotels.com called the administration and the administration told them i was more that one hour in the room and for that they couldnt give me my money back when i actually had less than 30 minutes in the room the only thing they could had offered me was a another room which smelled like cigarrate alot even though it said it was a non-smoking room the beds where horrible old and the restroom was full of mole and dirty and i called again but they said the couldnt do anything because it was a holiday day and the manager wasnt available i dont recommend this hotel to anyone horrible service and the breakfast very bad...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Eduardo V

Travelers are raving about these Amarillo hotels