“dirty and old”

Ranked #52 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Seattle, Washington
“dirty and old”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Booked this hotel on expedia using unpublished rate. Ended up being more expensive that published rate on another site. Place is old, poorly maintained and filthy. Grout in bathroom was three different colors which showed how dirty the bathroom was. Bed was old. walls poorly patched and painted.

There is no way this hotel deserves ranking of 2.5 stars. dirty, shabby and old. I have also reported this to expedia as well

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I read the horrific previous reviews of this location. Bed bugs, filthy floors, bedsheets with stains, screaming ladies abandoning their rooms in the middle of the night ...it all sounded very scary. I tossed caution to the wind and check in two different times within a week. In both cases I checking in after midnight, the night clerk, Oscar was most helpful and put me in a room near an outside door so I could unpack my loaded car fast.

Yes, it is an older hotel and some repairs (that have a handy-man look) have been made. The rooms, towels, sheet's and bathrooms were clean. The ice machine down the hall worked fine, the shower was nice and hot with a newer type shower head. In both of my rooms I didn't smell cigarettes or anything like that. The breakfast was basic but not bad for quick bite before getting back on the road. I think these folks are really trying to make some improvements.

I found the room to be good for a basic rate of 55.00 to be a value for what I got. I think that's the most important thing to keep in mind if your thinking of staying here. Overall not bad for a good nights sleep before getting back on the road. I will stay here again if I need to make another trip through Amarillo.

Room Tip: The east side of the hotel has the best lights.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I've seen the reviews trashing this place but come on.... Really?? What do you expect from a $50 room?? You can't have a champagne diet on a beer budget.. If you are expecting a 5 star experience you better just keep driving for about 6 hrs to Dallas and stay at the 4 seasons. It was clean enough and had a good night sleep for just blowing through town.

• Stayed April 2011
Midland, Texas
Reviewed April 18, 2011

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel on a business trip and both times I have enjoyed my stay. The staff was helpful, smiled and respected my privacy. I will continue to make this my primary hotel choice for my Amarillo business trips.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Me and my daughter were traveling together. The Baymont Suites were perfect for our one-night visit. The clerk, sensing we would want safety for two women travelers, gave us a perfect location... close, but not too close, to the front desk. The room was spacious, clean, odor-free, and updated. We felt as if we were in a five-star hotel. All the amenities were there for us: flat-screen TV, two desks, frig, microwave, iron, hair dryer, all the soaps and soft towels, plus 3 pillows for each head. It was quiet all night long and we slept well on very comfortable beds. The evening clerk was very helpful in showing us the way to the restaurant we wanted to go to and the morning clerk was very gracious to us as well. I will definitely go back to this Inn when traveling.

Room Tip: Tell them if you need a safe room location
  • Stayed March 2011
Normal
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I forgot that I had put my purse in a drawer(to keep it safe) the night before and left the hotel without it. I just totally blanked it out. When I discovered it 2 1/2 hrs after checking out and driving down the road, I called and the clerk checked the room and found it. The manager kept it safely in the office until I returned for it. I am very grateful for that honesty. Everyone who worked at this hotel was very friendly and the rooms, though older, were very clean. The hot breakfast was excellent. I am happy though tired with the extra 5 hours of driving!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Aztec, New Mexico
Reviewed February 24, 2011

This hotel is located right next to the mall and was a great value. It's an older hotel, but very clean, comfortable, and the shower was wonderful! There was a free breakfast. Overall, it was worth every penny.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family