“Yuck” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kiva Hotel Amarillo

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Kiva Hotel Amarillo
Ranked #59 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Inverness, Scotland
“Yuck”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2004

My family and I stayed at the Kiva late March 2004. Our room was supposedly one of the remodelled rooms, nonetheless, it was very tatty: the wallpaper was held up by staples in places; the bathroom was grotty; the bedding was old and limp, plus the desk-chair was heavily stained, so much so, I only sat on it with a plastic-bag covering the seat. Words cannot describe how awful the 'cooked to order' breakfast was: a greasy disc of sausage, some solid scrambled eggs and some brittle oven-chips. Ye Gads. Horrendous. Apart from ourselves, tourists, the other people at breakfast seemed to be contract construction-workers. During our two-week trip to Texas this was the definite low-point. Never again. Pay $20 more and get a decent place.

• Stayed March 2004
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SnowFallingOnCedars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2004

After 7 hours of driving we checked in and took our luggage to our room and immediately went for dinner. After arriving back to our room 1 1/2 hours later, we inspected our room. The room had gum on the floor and my wife tried to clean it up and the towel she used ended up dirtier than a doormat. We asked for a non smoking room and our room smelled musty like cigerette smoke. Also the floors next to the beds were full of dust and lint. One bedspread had a cigerette hole in it. My wife and daughter have allergies and along with the filth of the room I was not going to have my family sleep there. I went to get a refund but was denied a full refund. The clerk notified me that since the cleaning people were off duty and they could not clean the room that night they would have to charge me a $10 fee because they could not rent the room to anyone else that night. I told the clerk that I was not paying for something that was not my fault and was finally refunded my full amount. Also 3 elderly folks were not satified with their rooms either and were getting their money back too. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. In fact I will be telling all of my coworkers and anyone else that will listen.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Travelers also viewed these Amarillo hotels
Amarillo Inn & Suites
Ashmore Inn & Suites
#22 of 73 in Amarillo
Super 8 Amarillo Central TX
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Amarillo

Been to Kiva Hotel Amarillo? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Kiva Hotel Amarillo

Property: Kiva Hotel Amarillo
Address: 2501 IH-40 E, N. Frontage Rd, Amarillo, TX 79104
Location: United States > Texas > Amarillo
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #59 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Kiva Hotel Amarillo 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Kiva Hotel Amarillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Amarillo Kiva Hotel