“This was a gem”
Review of Sleep Inn Airport

Sleep Inn Airport
Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Don't pass this up. GPS couldn't locate but sign on I-40 said it was ahead. Quarter Horse Dr is your off ramp. Recently renovated. Everything is clean. Refrigerator coffee maker and nice flat screen TV. Continental breakfast. Con. Bathroom at bit tight. Nothing is perfect. That's out of the control of the hotel. Walking distance to Quarter Horse Hall of Fame.

• Stayed: September 2013
Olaf R, Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

We appreciate your review and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to accommodate your travel needs, I shared your comments with my staff and is always a motivation for all of us, we will use your feedback to provide great service. Hope to see you soon again.

Olaf Reyes
Assist. GM

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and looks like the property has been renovated recently. Beds were comfortable. Everything worked in the room. The room was nicely decorated. The shower was very large walk-in and had good water pressure. Room was a little on the small side but expected for the low price. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 11, 2013

After a long day on the road, this worked well and it was cheap. We had a room with two double beds but it was small and sparten. The toilet had a sliding door which I didn't like and the painting on the walls was ugly.

The room itself was clean and the staff was frriendly.

The free breakfast buffet was good - scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, biscuits and gravy, danish, bagels, hard boiled eggs, fruit, bread, juice, coffee, etc.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

At 65.00/night, you can't beat it. The front desk clerk was very helpful with booking 2 adjoining rooms. The rooms were extremely clean and the beds are comfortable. The overall appearance of the hotel is very nice. Andrew at the front desk offered to call the Big Texan to arrange a free limo ride to the steak house. My kids felt like they were movie stars. The breakfast was wonderful. Hot eggs, sausage, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, waffles, juice, etc.

Cracker Barrel is right next door. My kids enjoyed swimming in the pool. Absolutely no reason to have any negative comments about the place.

Room Tip: Ask for adjoining rooms when traveling with kids.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was visiting Amarillo on work, and stopped at the Sleep Inn because I needed a quick overnight stopover. It was an excellent find! My room was very good, the hotel staff were accommodating and pleasant, and the included breakfast was very good.

Overall, I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My sister and I were driving from Denver to Austin. We decided to stop in Amarillo for the night and found this hotel via AAA's website. What a great find! The price is very reasonable, the staff was friendly, the room was clean. The free breakfast is surprisingly good. They even have hard-boiled eggs available. Loved it!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank knollorama
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I don't understand all the negativity towards this hotel. For the price it's a decent place to stay with the two staff members I came into contact with very helpful and nice people. I always request a room on an upper floor away from the traffic and I was accommodated with no problems. I'm 6'6" tall and I found the shower comfortable with excellent water pressure. The internet worked great and the refrigerator worked great. The bed is my only complaint due to my bad back as it was firm. But I slept fine and I will stay here again when I'm in Amarillo without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business