“Very good!!”
Review of Sleep Inn Airport

Sleep Inn Airport
Ranked #23 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and looks like the property has been renovated recently. Beds were comfortable. Everything worked in the room. The room was nicely decorated. The shower was very large walk-in and had good water pressure. Room was a little on the small side but expected for the low price. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 11, 2013

After a long day on the road, this worked well and it was cheap. We had a room with two double beds but it was small and sparten. The toilet had a sliding door which I didn't like and the painting on the walls was ugly.

The room itself was clean and the staff was frriendly.

The free breakfast buffet was good - scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, biscuits and gravy, danish, bagels, hard boiled eggs, fruit, bread, juice, coffee, etc.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

At 65.00/night, you can't beat it. The front desk clerk was very helpful with booking 2 adjoining rooms. The rooms were extremely clean and the beds are comfortable. The overall appearance of the hotel is very nice. Andrew at the front desk offered to call the Big Texan to arrange a free limo ride to the steak house. My kids felt like they were movie stars. The breakfast was wonderful. Hot eggs, sausage, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, waffles, juice, etc.

Cracker Barrel is right next door. My kids enjoyed swimming in the pool. Absolutely no reason to have any negative comments about the place.

Room Tip: Ask for adjoining rooms when traveling with kids.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was visiting Amarillo on work, and stopped at the Sleep Inn because I needed a quick overnight stopover. It was an excellent find! My room was very good, the hotel staff were accommodating and pleasant, and the included breakfast was very good.

Overall, I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My sister and I were driving from Denver to Austin. We decided to stop in Amarillo for the night and found this hotel via AAA's website. What a great find! The price is very reasonable, the staff was friendly, the room was clean. The free breakfast is surprisingly good. They even have hard-boiled eggs available. Loved it!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank knollorama
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I don't understand all the negativity towards this hotel. For the price it's a decent place to stay with the two staff members I came into contact with very helpful and nice people. I always request a room on an upper floor away from the traffic and I was accommodated with no problems. I'm 6'6" tall and I found the shower comfortable with excellent water pressure. The internet worked great and the refrigerator worked great. The bed is my only complaint due to my bad back as it was firm. But I slept fine and I will stay here again when I'm in Amarillo without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TC6012
Reviewed June 5, 2013

First note there are many hotels and motels along the Interstate 40 corridor in Amarillo TX, many to choose from. My mistake was choosing this one the room was clean and the property in good shape .but that is were it stops. after complaining to night clerk about loud arguing couple across the hall ,she assured me it would be looked into. nothing was done the guest was someone who appeared to be a regular or long term extended stay guest so nothing was said. when i complained to Morning clerk at check out she said do not sign your bill I will speak with the manager when he comes in and he will call you. Call never came in after 2 days i called mgr who stated he knew nothing about it and would investigate and call me back he questioned my story like i was lying. but he would call me back. here it is another two days later and still no call but they still charged my card $77.00 plus even without me signing the folio when i checked out. In closing if this is the way they do business be careful and find another place to stay there are over 15 other hotels and motels less then 1 mile of this Sleep inn management appears to be the problem.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo