“Over priced. Unkept. Unsatisfied (Mostly)”

Days Inn Amarillo - Medical Center
Ranked #35 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Over priced for the room. Maintenance wasn't doing their job. Windows weren't SEALED. Upside: Staff was excellent, they were very nice and seemed generally interested in my well being while staying there. Unfortunately after this experience with this particular location I think I'm going to have to right Days Inn off as a viable place to stay.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

pulling up I was already impressed, great color scheme. Checking in was so much fun! The manager Antonio was so welcoming and inviting. We sat there and joked around through the whole process. I had decided to rent two rooms for my son and his friends for his bday they wanted to swim so I needed somewhere with an indoor pool. Antonio brought over extra towels for them and heard us talking about ordering pizza. He made some suggestions and even let us use his phone to order it. Wow it's that's not great customer service I don't know what is. The rooms are very clean and very updated. I stay Wyndham when I travel and I can honestly say this has been the best stay yet! :-) I got a great rate, superb customer service, comfortable beds and a yummy full breakfast :-) good job Days Inn and excellent job to the manager Antonio. Thumbs up 5s ALL the way!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Reviewed November 13, 2013

1  Thank Colleen L
Antonio M, Manager at Days Inn Amarillo - Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I called the front desk and spoke to Antonio about very large spiders in my room and also a big spider's nest that was under the chair, in the ceiling corner and in the curtains. He offered to move me but it took me an hour to unload in to the room and this was impossible to do once my dogs were asleep. I asked for a discount on the room (which was fairly pricey for the area) and he said he would ask the owner but no such luck - nothing was reflected on my bill.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Good afternoon, ma'am. I personally recall serving you and felt like we had resolved the unsavory pest control issue you had. Upon your departure, I had our pest control contractor service the property to immediately resolve the issue. However, I'm so sorry that you left disappointed. Guest recovery and proper accommodation is a maintain goal that I strive to insure my desk staff and myself constantly maintain. Due to your inconvenience, I added a discount of twenty-five (25) percent to your bill. Please call 806.359.9393 and speak with me, Antonio, so that I may provide you with an updated, itemized folio that reflects the discount. I hope that we have to opportunity to serve you again in the future and reinvent your opinion of the superior service we pride ourselves on at Days Inn Medical Center, Amarillo. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed October 22, 2013