“Clean, Convenient, Courteous”

Days Inn Amarillo - Medical Center
Ranked #34 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've stayed here several times in the last few years, and my stay in late Sept., 2012 was very good. Antonio the manager even turned on the hot tub for me to relax, and gave great directions for a restaurant I like. I teased him about the tasty continental breakfast he prepared. The room was very clean and comfortable. The Inn is near the Interstate, but not close to traffic siounds. Great rest stop.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Desk ckerk (Athony) had a very bad attutide. I was put in a smoking room even though I booked through Expedia non-smoking. They wanted more money just to move me. Terrible place to stay, I would drive 50 miles out of my way befoere I stayed there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1  Thank Thomas F
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Check-in and check-out were quick and easy.
Motel personnel were courteous.
The room was clean and updated
Close proximity to I-40 was a big plus.

What I liked best: Room was clean and updated.
What I liked lease: Bed was kind of hard!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was the least expensive Day's Inn in the Amarillo area, and less expensive than comparable chains. It has been remodeled, and the decor seemed reasonably fresh. The front desk clerk was very helpful in answering questions, providing restaurant recommendations. WiFi worked well. Indoor pool is quite nice and goes to a depth of 6', unusual for hotels nowadays. All exterior rooms, which isn't a feature I like but at a bargain rate, I decided I could live with it. A good place to stay if you are passing through Amarillo and want a hotel near the highway and on the West side of town.

Room Tip: I think the rooms are all alike, but if you want a good RATE, call either the chain's 800 number...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Susan A
Reviewed May 30, 2012

In driving from the West coast to the East coast it is difficult to stay places you're familiar with, I have stayed at this days in twice on 2 cross country trips and I have been VERY happy with the experience. The guy working at 1am at the front desk was cheerful and extremely accommodating. The room was large, cool, and fully equipped with a refrigerator to keep my insulin in, which was a huge plus, and the bed was HUGE! The price was pretty great as well, about $65. The complimentary breakfast was yummy and extremely convenient concerning both time and money. I would absolutely stay here again, and I will on my trip back west!

Room Tip: First floor has parking spots directly outside of the room, but there are also many stairways to get...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Angela B
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This hotel is located conveniently to the freeway. Our room must have been recently remodeled and it was nice. The bed is perhaps the hardest I have ever slept in, but it was much better than too soft and or lumpy. Pillows always seem to be a problem for me, and even though we bring out own, theirs were better than most. Internet was fast. The room was clean. I would like to point out that we were charged $1.06 for a safe. We didn't know this until we got home; a little too late now. But since it's only a dollar, I won't let it ruin my review. Just be aware. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SunnyDaizePHX
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Our room was not clean or comfortable, the bed pillows had no cover protectors on them just ill fitting cases ..Bed pillows had slobber stains on them yuck, we did not use them . The chair was stain and needed cleaning. The ceiling had a crack running from the door all the way to the vanity area. Black desk chair was broken. Towels were not soft at all. Took off the bed spread off we were not about to sleep with it, but we should have left it on because the pink blanket was old and had holes in it. We were woke up in the middle of the night by loud noises in the next room. We were at this hotel because we had a family member in the hospital, we needed rest but it was just not going to happen in this room. We did not eat there breakfast I will never again stay at this hotel never.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank shineTexas
Antonio M, General Manager at Days Inn Amarillo - Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete Trip Advisor Guest Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.