“Great staff and Breakfast”

Residence Inn Amarillo
Ranked #10 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Wichita, Kansas
“Great staff and Breakfast”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We arrived very late or early morning, 2:00 a.m. the front desk clerk was very welcoming and helpful. Our room was a one bedroom suite. It was very clean and updated. It had a large desk if you are a business traveler. The breakfast was fantastic. The breakfast room staff, she also fantastic, she made me a fresh skillet of their sausage hash, yum yum , being that we arrived so late we didn't get down to breakfast until is was almost over. The children had the waffles from the waffle maker in the shape of Texas, which they thought was great with all the fixins.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cpudoc23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed July 19, 2013

From start to finish our stay was perfect. The greeting at the desk from Chris and the general manager, Lorrie felt like we were coming home. We stayed 3 days and were ready to move in. The staff was friendly and helpful. The food was good and our kids enjoyed the pool. We really liked having all the amenities in the room, full fridge and appliances help when traveling with the fam! We know where we are staying next time we go through Amarillo.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Passing thru or during work in Amarillo? You must not overlook this hotel. We have found the residence inns lately when traveling with pets, but now we look for them. Spacious suite, clean sheets and environment, fresh breakfast...fresh made eggs, not pasty eggs sitting in the bin. Friendly helpful staff. All and extremely reasonable. I won't stay anywhere else here.

Room Tip: All are the same, don't worry where you are, except for the obvious "don't stay near th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We spent a night in June 2013 at this Residence Inn in Amarillo while passing through on our way home to Ohio. It would be difficult to beat the exceptional customer service we received from the gentleman at the front desk on the evening of our check-in. Very kind, prompt, helpful, and personally delivered a roll a way bed to our room within a couple of minutes of our request. The front desk lady the following morning was also very kind. Additionally, the breakfast attendant was kind and pleasant.

Our room was spotless, as were the common areas of the hotel. The breakfast was fresh, hot, and plentiful. Most importantly to me, the coffee was excellent!

We had a 1 bedroom suite. 1 room had a king size bed, while a separate living room had a pull out sofa, 2 person table, and a small work desk. Even before we had the roll a way bed delivered, there was virtually no room to maneuver inside the room. The bathroom was small, the separate sink area was small, the closet was small .. everything in the room was small. Then, once the roll a way was delivered - forget about it. We were climbing on and over the beds, pull out sofa, and couch just to move. Complete BS in my opinion. The breakfast seating area had only a few tables, and the 'lobby' area was more like the size of a small doctor's waiting room. Again, complete BS in my opinion. Also gone is the small shop or room that housed the snacks and drink and medicines sold by the hotel. Here, it is was just a small 'bookshelf' next to a cooler along the wall of the 'lobby'. Back in the old days, the apartment - style Residence Inns had such large rooms, lobbies, and etc. that there was plenty of space and room to move. With each prototype design of their hotels since then, the rooms have gotten smaller, and smaller, and smaller, etc. For $159.00 / night + tax, I would expect something bigger than the size of a shoe box. Due to sizes of the rooms, lobbies, and breakfast area, I'd much rather stay in a Drury Inn, Staybridge Suites, or Homewood Suites. In the past, I use to look for the nearest Residence Inn to stay in because of the sizes of the rooms and common areas. Now, I look to them only when the nearest Drury, Staybridge, or Homewood hotels are booked (as was this case).

Please don't get me wrong. The layout and the design of the hotel is not the fault of the folks who work there. Like I said, they were the best of the best when it came to being friendly and helpful. The breakfast continues to be good. Cleanliness is not an issue. In my eyes, it comes down to Marriott needing to find a new prototype architect to come up with a design much more user friendly than what it is now.

2 Thank Wahoo__bMedina
AmarilloRI_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Amarillo, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and the cleanliness of our hotel. We pride ourselves in great customer service. All of our team members truly care about our guests and I will make sure they know how pleased you were. I apologize that our hotel did not meet your needs as far as the amount of space in your room and our breakfast area. Please know that the Residence Inn Amarillo has 2 bedroom suites that may better serve your needs if you should find yourself in the area again.

Lorrie
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We made it into town early on 6/14/13 and called just to see if early check in was a possibility, although we figured it wouldn't be. We were pleasantly surprised when Tabitha was able to make this work for our family. This was great news, as we needed a little down time to relax after a busy morning. When we arrived, we were greeted by a super friendly front desk, checked in, received a goody bag full of treats, and were headed to our room, all in under two minutes. We needed an extra blanket, which was brought up to our room very quickly. Every single staff member we came in contact with was very kind with great customer service skills. The room was neat and tidy, and we LOVED the super plush king size bed and updated décor.

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I stay at Hilton and Marriott properties because I know what I am getting..... Normally.
This hotel has nice staff, and I believe they try really hard...
I was in the 2nd floor of this pet friendly property and the minute I walked into my room I smelled string urine odor ... I told front desk and they offered to move me to another room but couldnt guarantee me it would smell better do I stayed. Then breakfast was ice cold eggs and slices if freezing cold Canadian bacon.
The outdoor sitting area was very nice with comfortable outdoor furniture and fire feature.
All in all I am disappointed with the hotel but impressed with staff and their eagerness to serve. May need Managrment change, or maybe I just need to stick with Hilton...

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank ROTCA
Omak, Washington
Reviewed April 13, 2013

After a long day on the road from Branson, MO it was a very pleasant to find this clean, friendly, comfortable Residence Inn along I-40 We had 4 adults and 5 month old infant so worked great in 2 bedroom unit. Excellent breakfast in the am.

Room Tip: We had very quiet room on 3rd floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family