“Less than clean rooms”

Residence Inn Amarillo
Ranked #10 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
“Less than clean rooms”
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

The breakfast was very good, but for the rooms being new they were not clean. The front desk kid was nice, but didnt really know what he was doing. It was fine for our visit, but if it keeps up it could potentially be nasty after a few more nights used. I would choose another hotel in Amarillo next time!

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
AmarilloSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Amarillo, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, I am glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast! However, I do apologize we did not meet your overall expectations while you were our guest. I want to assure you that your issues have been addressed with the staff, and we are taking steps to ensure situations like this don't happen again. I hope you will allow us the chance to make it right and try the Amarillo Residence Inn again next time you stay in the area.

Tina Brohlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New Mexico
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here after spending the day at Wonderland with a group of students. This property allows for easy access to lots of great food and shopping options. The rooms, newly re-modeled, were comfortable and spacious, and we loved the decor. Our kids were fine on the sofabed. The staff was helpful and friendly. While the breakfast wasn't the best when compared to other Residence Inns, it was fine for us, refreshed frequently, and the staff was polite. We would likely choose this property again on a future stay in Amarillo.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank MK W
AmarilloSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Amarillo, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and provide us with feedback regarding your experience. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated suites, our location and our friendly staff! Guest satisfaction is our main priority, and we are always looking for ways to improve as well as make sure any issues get resolved. You'd mentioned that, although breakfast was fine and refreshed frequently, it was not the best when compared to other Residence Inns. If you have a chance, please call or email us directly and let us know how we could improve our breakfast or enhance the guest dining experience. Again, thank you for your time and your business! We hope you choose to stay with us at the Amarillo Residence Inn next time you are in the area.
Austin, TX
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I usually love staying at Residence Inns and this is no exception. However, the timing of our visit, during reconstruction of the breakfast room area and a few other issues cause me to give 3 stars instead of 4 or 5.

We got into the room late at night and it was a bit chilly in the room. We turned on the heat but nothing came out. Finally about 5 minutes later warm air came out of the heater. I don't know if there is a timing delay but it almost made us think there was no heat.

The room was spacious and the bed was fairly comfortable.

Because of construction, breakfast was held in a small room instead of the breakfast room, which was being renovated. The usual fare of breakfast items was there, but it was in a cramped area.

The pool was nice but the hot tub was 108 degrees, the sign said to not go in unless the temp was below 105. I tried to get the desk clerk to lower the temp a bit, but he didn't know how to do it. I think they need to train their staff to be knowledgeable about things like that or at least to know who to contact to get that fixed. I was really looking forward to the hot tub so that's a shame.

The location is right off I-40 and convenient to Cadillac Ranch, Route 66, and many chain restaurants. Pretty nice overall.

1 Thank crazyAustin
AmarilloSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Amarillo, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
I want to thank you for your feedback. I’m glad to hear that you love staying at Residence Inns. So, I sincerely apologize that you had a negative experience at our hotel. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as our staff. I want to assure you that all of these issues have been addressed. Renovation on the new and expanded dining area is complete, and we plan to move into the space by the end of this week. In addition, all front desk has been instructed in the correct protocol for adjusting the hot tub temperature. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Amarillo Residence Inn another try next time you stay in the area and experience the final product of our complete renovation. Thanks again!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Our room had just been remodeled. Great room. Great location. Lobby was still a mess with construction. Fitness room looked great but AC was not working so I had to go to Fairfield next door. Staff friendly. Breakfast was good with lots of choices. Same as most RI.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank stevetanyaTexas
AmarilloSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Amarillo, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Thank you for providing your feedback and kind words about the Amarillo Residence Inn. I'm glad that you enjoyed the newly renovated suites, our convenient location, variety of breakfast choices and our friendly staff. I apologize that the air conditioning was not working in the fitness room. I assure you that the issue has been addressed. In addition, thank you for your understanding regarding the construction mess in the lobby. We are currently updating the public areas of our property to offer a top-notch experience for our guests, which we are VERY excited about. I hope that the next time you come to Amarillo, you will stay with us and experience the "new again" Amarillo Residence Inn! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.
Sugar Land
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Our family of six prefers to stay at Residence Inns due to the larger space and free breakfasts. This is a middle of the road RI--not the nicest, not the worst, but just fine for us as we were on the road to Colorado. It is easy to find the RI, just off I-40. Checking in & out was quick & easy. Rooms are nice & spacious with a reasonably upscale decor and well designed bathrooms. The hot breakfast was good, with nice yogurt/granola/berry parfaits in addition to the usual waffle/sausage/egg/cereal/pastries/oatmeal spread. Unfortunately, there was only one wafflemaker, so the wait was quite long on a busy Sunday morning. We will stay here again if it works with our travel itinerary.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
AmarilloSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Amarillo, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! It's good to hear that Residence Inn is the hotel of choice for your family, and we are very glad you chose to stay at the Amarillo Residence Inn on your way to Colorado. As you mentioned, Amarillo Residence Inn is easy to get to, located right off Interstate 40. You also mentioned that you enjoyed the spacious guestrooms, the decor and the bathrooms. All of our suites just underwent major renovation, which was completed just prior to your stay. We are glad that guests like you are enjoying the new suites package. We are now in the process of renovating all of the public areas of the hotel. We believe that these improvements will take our Amarillo Residence Inn from "middle of the road" to top-notch!

You mentioned that you enjoyed the breakfast. We constantly strive to improve the guests dining experience. We have made recent changes and additions to our breakfast menu, including the fruit and yogurt parfaits to offer our guests more variety and a higher quality breakfast than ever before. I am very sorry to hear that you had to wait to use the waffle maker. I want to assure you that this issue will be addressed!

Guest satisfaction is our main priority, and we are always looking for ways to improve as well as making sure any issues get resolved. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will stay at the Amarillo Residence Inn next time you stay in the area. If you have any additional ideas or suggestions on how we can improve, please feel free to contact any member of the Amarillo Residence Inn team.
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Staff was okay- not overly helpful, but not mean. Breakfast was terrible and I recommend just eating else where. Rooms were nice and roomy. The building needs some updating and the housekeeping staff isn't the greatest. We had trash in our trash bin from previous guests- eww. Pool was a hit with the kid. I would go back, but keep my expectations low.

Room Tip: Stay away from lobby or it's noisy.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
AmarilloSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Amarillo, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel. I want to assure you that these issues are being addressed!

You mentioned that the building is in need of updating, and that is true. In fact, we are currently in the midst of a full property renovation. The guestrooms were first on the list, and I trust you enjoyed the spaciousness and comfort of our newly renovated suites. This week, we start renovating the common areas, which will give our guests a new, improved and beautiful property, which they expect from a Residence Inn.

I am also very sorry to hear that breakfast and housekeeping did not meet your needs and expectations. I do assure you that as a part of our renovation, we are updating our breakfast menu, based on guest feedback to offer our guests healthy, tasty options to jump start their days. As for housekeeping, we will address your comments in tomorrow’s daily staff meeting. We’ve recently added to our housekeeping staff, and all our housekeepers participate in ongoing training and development.

We value all of our guests’ feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel and our service. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will continue to stay at the Amarillo Residence Inn next time you are in the area.
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Thanks to the previous reviewer, my husband and I, with our elderly large poodle did choose to stay at the Residence Inn on our cross-country trip. We are very particular, and were very pleased. All the rooms that are available are newly and attractively redone (those not done yet are closed). We did choose a 2 BR suite, which came with LR and kitchen/dining area, and was very pleasant and extremely spacious for just two people. Beds were totally fine. Breakfast was fine, staff helpful. Room (top/3rd floor) was very quiet, and location is away from any highway (though maybe one corner of it could be exposed to noise of I-40). They did charge a pet fee of $40-50.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family