“Just an average stay in and average building”

Residence Inn Amarillo
Ranked #15 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Staff was okay- not overly helpful, but not mean. Breakfast was terrible and I recommend just eating else where. Rooms were nice and roomy. The building needs some updating and the housekeeping staff isn't the greatest. We had trash in our trash bin from previous guests- eww. Pool was a hit with the kid. I would go back, but keep my expectations low.

Room Tip: Stay away from lobby or it's noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
AmarilloSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Amarillo, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel. I want to assure you that these issues are being addressed!

You mentioned that the building is in need of updating, and that is true. In fact, we are currently in the midst of a full property renovation. The guestrooms were first on the list, and I trust you enjoyed the spaciousness and comfort of our newly renovated suites. This week, we start renovating the common areas, which will give our guests a new, improved and beautiful property, which they expect from a Residence Inn.

I am also very sorry to hear that breakfast and housekeeping did not meet your needs and expectations. I do assure you that as a part of our renovation, we are updating our breakfast menu, based on guest feedback to offer our guests healthy, tasty options to jump start their days. As for housekeeping, we will address your comments in tomorrow’s daily staff meeting. We’ve recently added to our housekeeping staff, and all our housekeepers participate in ongoing training and development.

We value all of our guests’ feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel and our service. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will continue to stay at the Amarillo Residence Inn next time you are in the area.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Thanks to the previous reviewer, my husband and I, with our elderly large poodle did choose to stay at the Residence Inn on our cross-country trip. We are very particular, and were very pleased. All the rooms that are available are newly and attractively redone (those not done yet are closed). We did choose a 2 BR suite, which came with LR and kitchen/dining area, and was very pleasant and extremely spacious for just two people. Beds were totally fine. Breakfast was fine, staff helpful. Room (top/3rd floor) was very quiet, and location is away from any highway (though maybe one corner of it could be exposed to noise of I-40). They did charge a pet fee of $40-50.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2012

OK this hotel had some pretty crappy reviews from the past which made me nervous. The whole experience - staff, food, room were wonderful. Rooms are completely renovated and were well appointed. Food was great, staff was attentive, solid wifi. I typically don't write reviews but thought this place earned it and a second chance. Oh - for what its worth my mattress pad came off for some reason just like another review said as well.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This Residence Inn is pretty ho-hum compared with others we've stayed in recently. The bed sheets and mattress pad kept coming off the King Sized bed all night long and it was rather noisy with I-40 right outside our window. Clean, OK, but not terrific for the price. Nice breakfast - staff very fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank koolbill
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Staff is very friendly. Eve the maids are smiling and talkative. They are in the process of remodeling all of the rooms. My room had a very contemporary look the new furnishings.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank LandOrSea
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The facility is tired and needs new paint, light fixtures, furniture, bed spread and curtains. The facility is clean and the help desk is polite. WE skipped the breakfast, and the motel is convenient to restaurants but not much motel value for your dollar. This was our second stay within a year but we won’t stay there again.

Lastly, I am a Marriott Rewards member and I booked my room under my membership number. I mistaken left my personal bed pillow in the room after we checked out. My pillow obviously has a pillow cover that does not match the bed sheets, so the person cleaning the room can easily know that the pillow does not belong. Marriott has not tried to contact me regarding the finding of my pillow. I guess they just threw it away. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BMWM5Driver
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My normal expectations of a Residence Inn were satisfied here. Only a few points to note. The indoor pool was a nice feature for the climate we were in. The woman that check me in (she was toting a neon green backpack) was minimally friendly but she restrained herself well and only narrowed her eyes at me when I started to moan how every flipping hotel did tax exemption differently. (Seriously! Why is every hotel I visit have different hoops I have to jump through to get tax exemption at checkin, only to have to go and have it actually applied at checkout because after a shift change the next person has no idea it was supposed to be applied?!) I would have no problem staying here again.

Room Tip: Not much for views but everything was nice, clean, and reasonably quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family