“Pretty decent.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 71 Hotels in Amarillo
Fort Worth, Texas
“Pretty decent.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

I mean for a motel 6, it is okay.
One thing that makes this one so good is that it is right in front of Tyler's BarBQue, which my wife says is the best she has ever eaten!
Another thing is that is just up the raod from the best donuts in the state, the Donut stop.
Good clean rooms, park on the east side so your car will not fry in the sun.
I would stay at this hotel just to go eat at Tyler's in the evening and the Donut stop in the morning!

Room Tip: The west side get very hot!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
macpatel, Manager at Motel 6 Amarillo - West, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Guest:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 - West Amarillo. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Motel 6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We drove across the country in February, and made our Texas stop at this Motel 6. We got there late at night, did not have a reservation, and were lucky to get a room...as they were pretty full. We were a little annoyed that there was nothing on the first floor, because there was no elevator and we had to lug several big suitcases in and out with us. When we got into our room, though, I was kind of stunned. It was like a cheaper version of a nice hotel. Kind of weird, but in a good way. We only needed a place to sleep and shower, but were surprisingly comfortable. Another reviewer said it right...I've paid a lot more for a lot less.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Mossy Head, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had to check in an hour early because of the 50 MPH winds nearly bowing us off the road. Front desk and manager was extremely nice, gave us a really good room with a king bed at a reasonable rate. Has a nice roomy bathroom and tub. I recommend this Motel 6. Bed is a little hard, but I've paid a lot more for a lot less.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
macpatel, Manager at Motel 6 Amarillo - West, responded to this review, June 12, 2014

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

arrived late & needed a place to crash for the night with my best friend heading off i40. sheets were dirty. there was a burn hole in my comforter.the bathroom towels were so gross I didn't even use them because they were stained yellow and spotted. I used my own. bathroom floor looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months.they offer free coffee in lobby in morning..woo hoo (not). Stairs were far away from my room and car. You can hear every little thing on porch outside people woke me up all morning including maid that walked in in me! I slept with one eye open...beware!

• Stayed April 2014
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I've stayed at many motel 6 trying to save some cash. This was not up to par, spend money and stay somewhere else in Amarillo. Bad neighborhood. Poor rooms, not clean at all. Not even close to "modern renovated" just because they put in laminate floors.

• Stayed March 2014
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed there february 18th. Upon leaving we popped our trunk to put luggage in. After we left we stopped in tulsa oklahoma to fill up and noticed that our trunk lid had been hit. We immediately called motel 6 And reported what happened. The desk clerk Kristen told us no problem our security camera is pointed directly where your car was parked however you will have to call back tomorrow because our general manager mack is the only one who reviews the tapes. I did this and I was told by the desk clerk that mack was not in again. After explaining what happened The clerk told me that I was out of luck because they erase the tape everyday. She said I should have done something sooner. What a joke. I then called their corporate office and they said that they are not responsible however they would have a corporate official call me. That has not happend either. This corporation sucks. I guess you get what you pay for. They will leave the light on for you but not your vehicle.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
macpatel, Manager at Motel 6 Amarillo - West, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Guest:

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction. There is never an excuse for providing a valued guest, such as you, with anything less than a perfect experience.

We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good service and quality accommodations at affordable prices. We appreciate your willingness to take the time to let us know where improvement is needed so that we may continue to maintain our high standards.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced due to the back of your car got hit and the paint got damaged. As I explained you on the phone about camera pointing towards car which I saw all night recording for that particular night but I did not see anyone hitting your back of car according to recordings.

Again please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and have taken corrective action to ensure that this incident will not occur in the future. We sincerely hope you will give us an opportunity in the near future to extend our hospitality.

Mac (GM)
Gainesville, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I've stayed in quite a few Motel 6. This is by far the worse. Dirty dirty dirty. This motel 6 has continually gotten worse and worse in cleanliness. The front desk help are very nice and accommodating. It's a good location and easy to get to.

Room Tip: Don't stay long. I felt very safe.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo