“Ok for the price.”

Ranked #53 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Ok for the price.”
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Bed and bedroom area clean, bathroom and towels, not so much. Everything updated and very modern looking. Very convenient. Free WiFi. No breakfast, but it was just fine for how cheap it was, $45 on a Saturday night a few days before Christmas.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Of course the rate was nice, and the night shift lady was okay at best...

I checked in late at night en route to Kentucky from Arizona and needless to say exhausted from the road. I checked in around midnight. Ready to sleep I headed upstairs, only to find that the floor was dirty and dusty, I think this is a new flooring system they are trying...Not a fan. I climbed into bed and was woken up not even moments later by feeling like something crawling over me...sure enough...what looked like 20-30 bedbugs were crawling around the bed. Of course I headed downstairs to move rooms and was greeted with a "Really?" type attitude as though my issue was not high on her list of things to take care of...but she did oblige and give me a new room...identical, but no bed bugs this time. The bed slept nice enough, but I didn't get a sound sleep before hitting the next twelve hour leg of my trip because I kept waking up thinking about those bugs...Not that I'll be back through Amarillo anytime soon but I think I'll fork over an extra 40 bucks to have a decent experience next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Rooms were a little small but not bad. Newly re-done, service was good, rooms were clean. Only thing was our phone in room did not work. It was quiet and location was good. I really have no complaints.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Queenvicki
macpatel, Manager at Motel 6 Amarillo - West, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Guest:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 - West Amarillo. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Mac Patel
GM
Motel 6
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 7, 2012

If you need a cheap nights sleep with no bells and whistle than this is the place.
King Room no Smoking. The bed was Good, Shower & vanity clean, of course tiny towls & soap and nothing else, but that's Motel 6. My biggest compliant is the new Go Green bamboo floors were nasty dirty, after I took off my shoes I walked just a few feet from the bed to the bathroom the bottom of my feet were black. I do not believe the floors have been mop or scrub sense they were installed, wear you flip flops in the room. Very noisy rooms, my was on the ground floor and could hear everyone above me and the on both sides. At 1am some dudes with load base playing on their car went on for over an hour. Bottom line what is the value, at $45.00 Motel 6 is losing the battle on affortable lodging, for a few dollars more you can get a inside room, with large towels, shampoo and other services.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank itexasfan
macpatel, General Manager at Motel 6 Amarillo - West, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Guest:

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel.I appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction. There is never an excuse for providing a valued guest, such as you, with anything less than a perfect experience.

We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good service and quality accommodations at affordable prices. We appreciate your willingness to take the time to let us know where improvement is needed so that we may continue to maintain our high standards.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and have taken corrective action to ensure that this incident will not occur in the future.We sincerely hope you will give us an opportunity in the near future to extend our hospitality.

Albuquerque
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We arrived and checked in. Office staff very pleasant and helpful. Opened up room and it smelled funny (sort of stale and moldy). Pulled back sheets on bed to find a cigarette burn in the sheets that went all the way down into the mattress pad. This was suppose to be a non-smoking room. Did they change the sheets? Did the housekeeper smoke her cigar while changing them? One will never know. Called the front desk. Very helpful moved us to another room. Again cigarette burns on the comforter. I asked for my money back and they gave it back without a problem. This hotel has some serious housekeeping issues. Even the guy at the front desk was appalled.

Room Tip: Find a hotel further west in the city. They are nicer, cleaner and your car won't get broken in...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
macpatel, Manager at Motel 6 Amarillo - West, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Guest:

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction. There is never an excuse for providing a valued guest, such as you, with anything less than a perfect experience.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and have taken corrective action to ensure that this incident will not occur in the future. We sincerely hope you will give us an opportunity in the near future to extend our hospitality.

New Mexico, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Rooms are extremely small … I think a prison cell would be larger. The room was clean and that is where it stops. Beds are uncomfortable and no sound insulation in the walls. We could hear all the noises of our neighbors and this makes for a very fitful night’s sleep. There has to be a better place to stay in Amarillo.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Galveston Island, Texas
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This is a very easy access from I-40 as you come into Amarillo from the west. Close to every kind of restaurant imaginable from fine dining to fast food. The establishment was quiet even though it was pretty full. They accommodated my request for a ground floor easily. The room was lovely, in spite of the poor paint job (I don't think they were finished). It had a wonderful new tub/shower that was deep enough to actually soak and was very clean! The bed was great! I especially like the bamboo (Motel 6 is going green!) flooring as opposed to the horrible carpets most motels/hotels have, it feels cleaner and doesn't retain odors! Especially great in a pet-friendly motel like this chain. Free wi-fi is a plus!

Room Tip: I was in 119, no problems!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
macpatel, Manager at Motel 6 Amarillo - West, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Dear Guest:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the 4592 Amarillo. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Mac Patel