“Not sure why people are complaining!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Amarillo
Ranked #18 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Ok, I reserved a room and stayed here for one night with 4 friends checking in at 2 p.m and leaving the next morning at 10 a.m. The hotel itself was wonderful, friendly staff, nice clean and completely comfortable, convenient location near I-40, great breakfast(ran out of Orange juice but there were alot of people, so that's expected). I stayed in the 2 queen bed/sofa bed suite which came to around 92$. I had a blast, the pool is heated and the hot tub is perfect.

The only complaints I have, were about the people staying there, Nothing to do with the hotel. I have zero complaints about the hotel. But there were some large families staying there at the time that had a lot of children. They were running up and down the hallway for quite sometime, for a few hours. And also, when I went to the pool, there were a ton of children in it at the time, splashing me and my towels but that's kids being kids. Oh, and the room next door to mine, people were banging on the wall for about two hours. That was pretty annoying. But like I said NO complaints on the hotel itself, only the ppl.
And no, if you got the suite there aren't blankets in the closet for the sofa bed, so be sure to get some before you go up to your room at check-in. No big deal.

There is a gentleman's club next door, but it's not even busy. I never seen anyone going in or out of there. It's a small run down shack basically.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have stayed in many hotels in this price range. This one pleasantly surprised me by the nice clean, modernly decorated rooms. I stayed in a King room that had a couch in it. Affordable room rates and the parking lot was well lit. The interstate traffic was loud, but I expected that. Front guest person was friendly and eager to help me get my room. If you go down the road for food, you will have to go around since the hotel is on a one way street. There is a "gentlemens club" in the next parking lot, but I didn't hear any noise from it. (There are clubs like that up and down I40 through Amarillo)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We were in Amarillo for a wedding. We have a family of 6 which limits our options of hotels...this was by far the worst we have ever stayed in. We pulled up to our hotel with a surprise that across the parking lot was a gentlemen's club not what we expected but thought we would roll with it. We checked in for our 2 night stay on Friday at 3:15 with checking starting at 2. Were given a room on the second floor, as we arrived on the second floor it looked as if a bomb went off up there, every room we passed had the door wide open and the room a wreck without any housekeeping service in sight. As we arrived at our room the door was open as well and room a wreck. I go back to front desk and explain to the "manager" who seemed super surprised. She calls housekeeping and they come to the desk to try and now find us a new room that is clean as they were "swamped last night and everyone had a late checkout"...not my problem my checkin started at 2 with my reservation. Finally to our room and not impressed. Door lacks about an inch at the bottom from meeting so you can see the hall from the inside. Wind constantly causing a drafting noise from the window, no sheets or blankets or pillows for pull out bed that our family must utilize to sleep us all. As evening came our kids had gone to swim and we were getting ready for bed, someone uses a key to open our door...I jump up and stand at the door and it is another family that was given our room number with a key to open our door!!!!! I COULD NOT BELIEVE THIS...the man and his family were very apologetic however it wasn't his fault. We both go down to the front desk to the CLUELESS Front desk worker. who seems to think an apology is all that is needed and a new key. Wasn't her fault as in with most things in this day and age...not my fault! What a disaster! I have stayed in nice Comfort Suites before but this one will never be repeated as I warn anyone else to find anything else besides this hotel!

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Nice hotel, quiet rooms with new decor. They have a nice indoor pool and spa to relax in. This Comfort Inn also has a Bar/Lounge in it. They have plenty of parking and a varity of restaurants and shopping close by. The price was reasonable.

Room Tip: First floor is nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TimMacAlaska
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel offered everything at a great price: the room had an attractive decor, was clean, nice linens and towels and staff was helpful. Breakfast area had ample tables. Location right off I 40 made it easy to get back on the road in the morning, though it was a bit tricky to find as it's set back off the road. Nice to have a free paper.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank LimekilnLady
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I had a great stay at this hotel. Rooms are modern and clean, staff is very friendly and attentive. Would definitely stay there again next time I pass through town. Location offers easy access to interstate to get to and from, and also to nearby restaurants and other amenities.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank F K
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I get the job of delivering product for the company I work for. I was getting sleepy and decided to stop here. They gave me an upgrade to a king suite for the lower price. Also offered me a snack and a bottle of water upon checking in. Nice heated pool and hot tub. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business