Comfort Inn & Suites Amarillo
$110
Fairfield Inn
$119
$104
Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo(Amarillo)
$110
$100
All reviewsroom was cleansausagebig screen tvthe sofa bedwould stay here againbreakfast areathird floorcracker barrelmicrowave and refrigeratorstayed two nightswafflesshort drivea great stayking roomstaff was friendlycoffee makerdesk clerk
Reviewed March 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this Comfort Inn on March 18, 2012. We paid 75.00 a night plus taxes so the price seemed reasonable. I will give the positives first. We had a King room which was nice sized with a sofa, a desk with chair, and a bar area with a microwave and a refrigerator. The room and bathroom were clean. The bed was very comfortable. Now for the negatives beginning with very thin walls between the rooms. The neighbor next to us stayed up half the night talking on the phone. We could hear his conversation in our room which was right next door to us. There were also people in the hallway making lots of noise too. After talking with the people in the hallway I called the front desk to report the disturbance. They said they would check on it for me and get them to quiet down. One problem with the noise issue was that the doors to the room are very heavy and bang loudly when guests shut them. I did call the front desk one more time to report the noise from the room next to us. I gave them the actual room number and the front desk called the guest in the room to ask him to quiet down. I could hear his conversation with the front desk from our room. Comfort Inn is responsible for building their hotels with better sound proof construction. I seriously doubt I will stay in a Comfort Inn again. The other negative was the breakfast which is considered a full breakfast. The eggs were powdered, the bananas overly ripe, the waffles were raw in the center, and the yogurt was some off brand that wasn't tasty. I had the coffee and the juice. My husband tried the bisquits, sausage, and gravy. He was o.k. with these items. On other negative was using the WIFI. It seemed very difficult to use. After such a restless night with inadequate sleep I was a little crabby. I spoke with the front desk to let them know I was unhappy with the stay. Their comment was "we can't control what the other guests do." To their credit they did call the guest causing the noise. They also had added a "use of safe" charge for 1.50. I made them take it off my bill.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. Hopefully they have one. At least you are on record for requesting one.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank roxy1947
Reviewed February 5, 2012

This hotel was great, from beginning to end. The room smelled amazing, was extremely clean, the staff was great, everything was wonderful. I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We have stayed in this hotel a few times over the years when we visit family. This time was bad. We walked in around 11:00 AM and asked for a room. We checked in and walked straight to the room and started to smell mold or mildew as we made our way down the hall. We walked into our room and the smell was horrible. We went to the front desk and for a refund, they said we had already checked in and there was nothing they could do unti lthey spoke to a GM who was out for the day. We left and went to the Ashmore Inn and Suites. This was my first time to stay there and it was great. The manager finally refunded our money after complaining to the corporate office and VISA.

Room Tip: Don't get one on the first floor. The whole floor stinks
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Scot S
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We pulled in late and we were very happy to find clean tidy rooms that seemed very spacious. The beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. We stayed two nights - very pleased. I wish the showers were a little bigger but the heat lamp was nice & the water smelled filtered or softened but it felt good! I will definitely stay here again. Nice AAA discount! Very worth the $.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Very pleasant stay! Mini fridge and microwave. Person at check in gave VERY good
directions to near-by restaurants. Bed and pillows were exceptional!
Came home and ordered pillows from the pillow company!
Near Palo Dura Canyon, second largerst canyon in the United States.
Hotel is smoke free. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family