“I wish every motel was this good.”

Comfort Inn & Suites Amarillo
Ranked #15 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Lenexa, Kansas
“I wish every motel was this good.”
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Huge room, King bed , couch, wet bar. $100. The room was very clean. It was close to restrauants.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed April 8, 2011

We were passing through Amarilllo and this hotel was the first Comfort Inn...great location!! I agree with the comment above about road noise it canny be heard which is great!! Breakfast was great and staff is very friendly....reading some of these negative comments make me laugh since they are getting a great price they want the four seasons but don't want the cheapest room. My advice to them is you get what you pay for. But overall me and my husband had a fantastic experience with this property love the modern decor!!!

• Stayed April 2011
Queen Creek, Arizona
Reviewed March 16, 2011

This is a very nice Comfort Inn - very clean and comfortable rooms - and the best breakfast! That is our favorite part about staying at this Comfort Inn. They have sausage and biscuits and gravy along with all of the other typical foods at the complimentary breakfasts.

One time when we came the television did not work in our room. We called the front desk and they cheerfully changed our room assignment. It was that easy.

Another good thing about this location is that you don't hear the freeway noise - the hotel is far enough away from the freeway - which isn't the case with a lot of hotels in Amarillo.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Bella Vista,AR
Reviewed October 17, 2010

After a long day on the road, my fiance was complaining of major lower back pain and I was exhausted. Stopped at this hotel in order to get something with a jacuzzi. Checked in and went upstairs...the moment we walked in the room we both noticed soemething yellow hanging from the ceiling fan. I jokingly replied that they were probably panties..Fiance was not amused yet climbed into the tub because of her back. I noticed overall the room was very clean. Well, it was clean, but had seen better days. Stains on the carpet and wall, Seams bulging, water spotson the ceiling. Overall just a run down room.. After the better half got out of the tub, she insisted I investigate the fan...and sadly, I was correct. After climing up on the bed and using a card to remove the mystery item, they were indeed panties. She freaked, but I was unpacked and didn't feel like moving. The next morning I went down to use the business center to print some things out, but couldn't because the printer was broken. I stopped by the front desk and let the clerk know about the discovery from last night. The reponse was "Are you serious? That's not cool" ?!?!?!?! REALLY??? I didn't know that!!! I was disgusted at the apathy. Checked out shortly afterward and will certainly NOT be back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Y2k7JK
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I was so happy with my stay at the comfort inn! The facility was very clean and pretty, the rooms had just enough space, and the beds were comfortable. The large indoor pool and hot tub were an added bonus. Also, it is within walking distance of a red robin and a short drive away from a huge selection of other restaraunts!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 7, 2010

I didn't think I could believe all of the great reviews but they're not wrong! Total value for the price. From the outside it doesn't look like much but the inside rooms are very large, updated, and clean. The staff was super friendly. Breakfast is included too. I'd say the one drawback is that the walls are pretty thin, we could hear the tv in the next room and some alarm clocks. But the air condiditioning worked great and also drowned out the noise. I'd recommend it as an overnight stop on a long trip. We had our 3 yr old withbys from Houston to Colorado springs.

Taos, New Mexico
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I travel and stay at comfort inn & suites an average ob 22 nights a month. For a newer hotel, this one was a disgrace. Front desk clerk was ignorant, carpets filthy, breakfast room small and layed out where you were bumping into other people. Very cheaply built property. Will not stay there again!!

2 Thank ABuck60