“If you love animals, don't miss it”
Review of Bayou Wildlife Zoo

Bayou Wildlife Zoo
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I love animals so you can get your fill here. We used to bring our kids here and now bring the grandchildren. This park has been here a long time. You get more up close than you can get at the zoo. Park such as this one need public support to stay open. I do my part. Why don't you?

All reviews
"lots of fun"
"pygmy goats"
"animals roaming free"

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I went here in summer of 2010 with my 3 year old and he loved seeing all the animals. When you first drive up there are animals just hanging out in the driveway and sometimes you have wait for them to move before you can drive to the parking area. The animals WILL stick their heads in your windows if you have them down and your buckets of food are in your laps. So interesting to see all of the different kinds of animals so up close.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I visit the park when I need to do something out of the ordinary (without traveling too far or breaking the bank). Each time I go- there is some sort of improvement so there's always something different about it. You get to hand feed exotic animals! What could be better? Great recommendation for kids!

1  Thank Rxsblime
Reviewed September 16, 2012

THis place is quite a drive, but one you have arrived, and hopefully not driven past the entrance, you will be glad you came! There are all sorts of animals from a common cow or horse, to a buffalo or camel and many, many more! My mother took my kids and I there many years ago and we have been going ever since. It is for the young and old alike! You will go on a tram ride through the expansive property and see all the different animals. For a couple of extra bucks you can buy a bucket of food and the animals come to the tram to eat. The buffalo might even steal your bucket, so hold on tight! The ostrich will stick their heads in and peck right out of your bucket! It is fun and there are always many squeals of joy! It does cost per person to get inside the park. But, they are caring for a lot of animals and that costs a lot of money! I think the animals are well taken care of there. The owner lady seems a bit gruff, but she is so kind to the animals and that is where she dedicated! I recommend a trip out to Dickinson to see the animal park!