“Good food, line staff needs help.”
Review of Joe's Barbeque CO

Joe's Barbeque CO
Ranked #3 of 91 Restaurants in Alvin
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
houston, texas
“Good food, line staff needs help.”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

The food was good as usual, but the line was very long. Figured it was because of this restaurant's reputation for good barbeque, but learned it was the poor line staff taking the order. She seemed uninterested and my mother and I had to repeat our order sever times. Shame, once we got to our table it was better.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank cruzblue

“I've tasted WAY better BBQ”
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

Their weekend breakfast is really good but as far as the BBQ goes, I've tasted WAY better. I won't eat here again, not because of the service but honestly the food isn't anything id want to taste again. I did give it a second try and still this BBQ is not worth all of the bragging the owners do.

• Visited August 2014
Houston, Texas
“delicious bbq and salad bar , just 5 minutes from Holiday inn express and la Quinta in alvin”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

the service is quick! one visit I ate at restaurant,the other visit I did a to go order, both times , servive quick and efficient,

Visited August 2014
1 Thank anadee2014
Harrison
“The worst BBQ I've ever tasted”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

No flavor/like salty grease on the pulled pork sandwich ... This was my consulation meal after I sent the indelible ribs back ..... Not sure where they're getting the beef ... Barely any meat on the huge bones and soo tough couldn't eat it ... Again no flavor ... Geez uh and they've won awards for this ... Mmmm ok ... Well going back home to cook my own ... Thanks but no thanks :/

• Visited August 2014
Houston, Texas
“Weekend Seafood buffet is a winner”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I have eaten at Joe's a couple of times during the lunch hour and once on a Saturday evening. What you see is what you get. I can't say anything bad about Joe's. The Weekend Seafood buffet (Friday-Sunday) is a winner in my book. It's not extensive, but the staff kept the buffet fresh for our entire visit. It features fried catfish, fried shrimp (but not jumbo shrimp), boudain balls, seafood gumbo and rice, hush puppies, and a handful of sides (including a homemade mac and cheese that was very good). I stuck with the catfish, shrimp, gumbo, and mac and cheese, and had no complaints. As I said, the staff kept the offerings fresh (I find stale seafood buffets common some places, but inexcusable), which was huge for me. The buffet was $14.95.

Joe's also offered all-you-can-eat beef ribs ($14.95) on Saturday night. While my wife was tempted by the ribs, we both stayed with the seafood.

We noticed that over half of the tables around opted for loaded baked potatoes. Maybe next time.

A couple of other things. The interior is pretty rustic . . . but that's a part of what Joe's is. I don't think it's dirty, it just doesn't look spic and span like a newer place would.

Our server was very young and pretty spotty. But Joe himself came by the table twice and checked to make sure we had what we needed . . . very personable guy, and impressive that he was making the rounds.

• Visited July 2014