“Awesome, Fresh Food!!! Very Accommodating!”
Review of Classic Wok - CLOSED

Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Alvin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome, Fresh Food!!! Very Accommodating!”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Just started eating here recently and now I'm hooked! Was shocked when I asked if they could make me a gluten free meal and they actually honored my request--wow! Thought I was doomed since finding out that I am gluten intolerant. Every other Chinese place around said they couldn't help because it was too much trouble. Thank you for the great food and service! I'm a lifer, yippee :)

• Visited September 2011

Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I Agree with the top poster!”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

This place might not look very nice, but they have the best Chinese food I've eaten in a very very l-o-n-g time. And they DO have a 100% rating from the Health Dept. I've checked. Just be sure and call ahead to make sure they will be open. They are closed a lot...I think the lady has to pick up her kids from school or something.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank uniongurl2002
Montclair, NJ
“WiltedLace is mistaken....I think she has her restuarants confused...”
Reviewed March 1, 2011

The food is delicious, we used to call it "the shack" because that is what it looks like, but the Health Dept Rating is TOP NOTCH.. There is no "dining" or eat in area, which is why I believe WiltedLace is confusing it with somewhere else. This is drive through ONLY. NEVER seen a man at the window, only the cute, short lady or another lady. They are always polite, kind and professional. I used to live in the area and ate there at least once a week. I still ahve friends that frequent "Classic Wok in the parking lot" and agree it is still great.

• Visited January 2011
alvin, tx
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The food, despite the grease is pretty good, but the owners are cruel.”
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I first ventured here pregnant and having one of those middle of the day (they close very early) cravings. The food tastes great, though I agree that the hygiene speaks for itself and the food will give you 5lbs of lard on your tongue...which may be why it tastes so good. I will never dine there again, despite how good it is because I've had too many negative experiences with the service. The last time I left in tears and told him I would write a review on how awful they were to me. He laughed in my face and told me to go ahead. That is a VERY cocky attitude for a restaurant that couldn't pass a health inspection if you ask me! The price isn't cheap and their accuracy isn't something they really concern themselves with. If your order gets messed up, which it will, even by keeping it simple (they don't honor special requests anyway) they won't honor it later, though they will say anything to get you out of the way. They consistently agree to correct it later in your next order so that you will leave, then when you come back, receipt in hand, you leave with your hands, and your stomach empty. My final trip there I took my daughter on her last night before leaving for the summer. Of all places to pick for her "whatever you want for dinner" this had been her special request meal. I left in tears and he laughed at me. I just wanted her order to be perfect and was even willing to wait for them to correct it. I've never been back. The taste isn't worth the risk. He may be able to afford to be cocky, but he'll never get another dime from me.

1 Thank wiltedlace
Alvin, Texas
“THE BEST IN TOWN”
Reviewed October 1, 2010

I love these place it is awsome the service is great and the lady at the window is the best ever!! Keep up the good taste and service. I've been going her over 11 yrs best in town!!!

1 Thank sonothere