“BAD FOOD, SERVICE AND WASTE OF MONEY !!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Barbed Rose Steakhouse and Seafood Co
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Gordon
Description: Fine dining with a versatile edge whether inside or out. Set overlooking Alvin’s historic train depot and National Oak park in old downtown Alvin. Inside enjoy a quiet fine dining experience or dine outside to have a more relaxed sports feeling.
Texas
“BAD FOOD, SERVICE AND WASTE OF MONEY !!!”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Want all of the above ?? Then you have come to the right place !!!! As an Executive Chef with 15 years of experience, I found everything wrong here. No real bartender here. I had to tell the make believe one how to make the drinks. The simplest task of cooking a steak was that after 2 tries, the steak came out as a dried up frisbee. The " signature mac and Cheese came out as a bowl of cheese soup with a few hard as a rock marconi thrown in as a surprise . ( somehing you would expect from a 7 year old playing in the kitchen with a box of macaroni and cheese). The vegetables were not !!! Looking like a bowl of mashed baby food !! Bread so hard, one could use it for a hocky puck !!! The server had practiced maybe 1 x before practicing on us . The rest. manager clearly had no prior experience in this field. He was lost in space like a deer caught in the bright head lights of a car when asked a question. I was told that the so called chef was not in and that that his asst. was cooking on this evening. I didn't realize that we had that name in our field. This place was a good idea for a hobby for someone, but clearly the execution of good food and service was not !!! Horrible experience !!!!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank chefTexas

Houston, Texas
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I'd heard great things about The Barbed Rose. However, when taking friends there for lunch, I was disappointed. The burgers everyone raved about were good, but not worth the $16 they cost by the time you paid the extra for cheese, ketchup, and other toppings. I had a groupon and easily used the whole thing on my own burger.

Again, food was fine, but not exceptional. I actually cancelled my other two groupons I'd purchased because I didn't find this restaurant a fair value for it's location.

• Visited October 2011
TX
“A thorn or 2 but overall would go again”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Great variety in menu...wild game + TX beef + seafood. All done well. Interesting sides & salads. Waitress was distracted so service was average, not what you'd expect from an place this upscale, Made a mistake in one order, corrected that as fast as possible (steak had to be re-cooked) but comped a dessert to make up. Tables a bit too close together, wait staff kept bumping customers but they did try not to. All in all I'd give it an 8 out of 10, especially considering where it is.

• Visited February 2012
Bixby, Oklahoma
“Wheres the Beef?”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

After hearing all the Radio adds for this place we decided to give it a try. Do you know they can lie on radio ads?
Nothing great about this place at all excpt that it is OVER PRICED and the food is just average to say the least.
I wont waste my time or Money again on this resturant.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Traveler559
Alvin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Bloom is Definitely Off the Rose, sad to Say :(”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Well, my first couple of visits weren't long after the restaurant opened and the food was sub-par, but I was willing to overlook those dining experiences thinking that it must be difficult in the beginning to juggle food, service, etc. Then, after my 4th visit, it was apparent that poor management definitely has affected the consistency of the food and the service. If you're going to open a "fine dining" restaurant, then you better be prepared to manage expectations by managing operations. It seems to me that the chef may be talented but has not honed his or her skills yet, neither as a chef nor as an owner. Serving good food should be first place, no matter what, and good service should be just as important. I'm willing to bet the chef is rather inexperienced or at least young. If he or she gets back to basics, serving good food consistently matched by excellent service, then there is hope for the restaurant. All in all, the food speaks for itself and could use some major improvement.

• Visited August 2011