“A Wonderful Retreat for Weary Travelors”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alvarado
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Alvarado
Reviewed May 24, 2014

The staff is friendly and very accommodating. We were very weary after fighting 5 PM traffic in Ft. Worth, This hotel is exceptional and far surpasses other brands of hotels. The rooms are first class. They have Directv and you can access the guide and have a multitude of channels that is much more than hotels usually offer. We would like to mention. how friendly Magda at the breakfast area is and so helpful. Shanna at the front desk is exceptional. Mitchell keeps everything spotless. We will certainly stay here again when we come this way.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alvarado, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Hi Bobby_n_June,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express-Alvarado. I am glad to hear that Magda, Shanna, and Michell took great care of you. My staff takes great pride in providing great accommodations and exceptional service to all of our guests.

My team and I look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

A great place to stay!!!! The breakfast was amazing, the service was outstanding. Rooms and pool area were clean and furnishing were perfect. I chatted with guest and they were return visitors. One stated would not stay anywhere else!!! I highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

Diann Choate

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Scott S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alvarado, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Hi Diann,

I am glad to hear my team took great care of your during your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express-Alvarado. We enjoyed having you and your family stay with us and look forward to taking excellent care of you when you come back to Alvarado!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Hotel accomodations were exceptional, location is good for halliburton work. If you want to be close to more food options stay in Burleson it has a larger choice and more of a nightlife. Spa/workout room is upto date with new equipment.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Hi Johnmcd2,

Thank you for your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites-Alvarado and for providing your feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay while here working with Halliburton. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Alvarado area.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

The hotel is your average holiday inn express hotel. The night we stayed the internet was down and the girl at the front desk had no clue when it would be back up...really not sure if it came up or not. The free breakfast was nice, something for everyone. Beds were comfortable, the shower didn't have a lot of pressure. Overall not a bad one night stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Scott S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alvarado, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear TheDixie,

Thank you for your recent stay with Holiday Inn Express and Suites-Alvarado. We value you and your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our beds and our Express Start Breakfast. I am sorry about the issues you encoutered with our internet and our water pressure. My team and I are deligently working to resolve these concerns.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to the Alvarado Texas area.

Thank you.

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I would have given this hotel a 5 star rating but could not do so because the cleaning staff needs some training in cleaning.
But I cleaned up.
Upon arrival they were out of carts but the manager gathered up a few maids and she helped as well carry in our things WOW!! They offered and helped. The BED WAS SUPER COMFORTABLE and I am picky due to a bad back and we have a sleep number at home. The staff at the front desk greet you every time you come in or out. Friendly
I would recommend this hotel any day but you might have to do a little cleaning.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alvarado, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Good morning N S,

Thank you for your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express-Alvarado and providing feedback on your stay. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff and that they took great care of you during your stay. I apologize that our housekeeping staff did not do a great job of cleaning for you. I will work with our housekeeping staff to ensure we continue to strive for excellence.

We look forward to seeing you again when you travels bring you back to the Alvarado Texas area.

Thank you.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I have stayed here several times, the staff is very helpful and freiendly. Generally get in late and leave early. Bedding package is new and comfortable, breakfast is standard Holiday Inn Express but the staff and the servers make it very enjoyable to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Scott S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alvarado, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Hi Mas4467,

Thank you for your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites-Alvarado and for your feedback. I am glad to hear that our staff took care of you and you enjoyed your Stay Smart Bedding Package. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Alvarado Texas area.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed over the Christmas Holiday to be close to family who live nearby. The hotel is fairly new so thought it would be a good choice, however on returning to our room on a Sunday evening our room had been cleaned, trash emptied and fresh towels but our bed not made. Being a Sunday and probably short staffed we didn't complain but the same thing happened on Monday evening. We do not expect a sheet change but at least make the bed. We called the front desk and was told "I'll make a note of that". On check out my husband issued a complaint again and there had been no note made previously. We usually find the Holiday Inns clean and comfortably for short stays but was disappointed with this one. On check out we were told that maybe we could get some extra points for compensation which was okay and a nice offer. Within 10 minutes of driving away we got a phone call and the desk clerk said the hotel would be happy to comp one free night of the 2 nights. Wow, now that is the way to take care of customers. Also, need to add, while my husband was checking out and making his complaint, the head housekeeper was called in to listen to his complaint. That was impressive. Yes, we will stay there again due to the good management and the friendly desk clerks. When there is a complaint I wish everyone would take it as serious as this team. Thank you.

Room Tip: This is a hotel on/near the main highway probably used as a short stay for travelers or to visit fam...