“Family oriented hotel with great staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alvarado
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Alvarado
Reviewed March 23, 2012

We stayed at this location on our way back from spring break in Corpus. And I must say I was thoroughly impressed. The lobby looked wonderful with more of a modern theme, but it still had that 'home-like' feel to it. The rooms were spotless and smelled of cherries (which I love)! Marissa the front desk clerk during the evenings, was always curtious and quick to meet our needs. Her personallity really made our stay... and of course the in-door pool! Breakfast was excellent, the kids loved the pancakes. We will definatley stop by to see them again on our next vacation.

Room Tip: the two queen suite with seperate living room and bedroom were very spacious! great for families wit...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 21, 2012

We stayed in March. We had our 3 children with us and got a suite and was perfect. The rooms were nice and clean., very roomy, and didnt have that gross hotel smell. The bed were comfortable. The staff we very friendly and were always wanting to help. They have continental breakfast that puts the rest to shame. Its more like a buffet and it is delish. The indoor pool is great for letting the kids swim during the freezing cold. Look forward to going back.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2012

My husband got on Travelocity and booked a room here for New Year's Eve because it was halfway between where he works and where we live. He had to work late, but we planned on meeting around 8:00 at the hotel then leaving from there to go out dancing.

When I arrived around 5:45, I was greeted by Josie. (She was so nice!) She informed me that there would be a wine tasting from 6:30-7:30, bbq dinner at 8:30, dessert in the lobby at 10:30. and then a New Year's Welcome at midnight. (I believe that this was a fund raiser for Alvarado High School's ROTC program.) What a nice surprise! So, while I waited for my husband to arrive I went to the wine tasting. (My first one!) It was being hosted by Bruce Anderson of Sunset Winery (Burleson,Tx). It was informative and fun. I also learned that they have monthly events and gatherings at the winery in Burleson.

My husband arrived around 8:00, so we were relaxing in the room. The room was clean, well decorated, and inviting. A little while later the phone rang. It was Josie at the front desk. She wanted to remind us that dinner would be served soon and that they were looking forward to having us join them. My husband and I were having such a good time, that we decided to stay at the Holiday Inn for New Year's instead of going out dancing. We went to dinner. We sat with Mr. & Mrs. James Spencer and guests. (Sponsors of this shindig.) The bbq was fabulous and was catered by Cass Stevens of Lillian,Texas. The tables were beautifully decorated and we all donned party hats. The curtains on the windows were pulled back and we were treated to a professional fireworks display.

The manager, Kirk Williams, introduced us to his beautiful family and then invited us to join them in the lobby at 10:30 for desserts. The husband and I went and it was so worth it.

In the lobby, the ROTC had moved the tables back in order to create a dance floor. The dj was a ROTC teacher from Mansfield-- a nice guy with a great voice--I hate that I can't remember his name.... Everyone was gathered around talking, singing, and dancing--old and young alike. I spoke with Kirk's wife, Jacque, and she said she was so happy to have the family all together, "A family that plays together stays together." She is so right about that. It made me wish that we would have brought our boys with us.

At midnight, we wished each other well and parted ways, but before doing so, I told Kirk Williams, "Who would have thought that we could have so much good, clean fun at a Holiday Inn Express in Alvarado, Texas?" :)

I highly recommend this hotel. It feels like you are among friends/family here. It is so fresh and clean. The only complaint I have is that it was a little difficult to turn into the hotel parking lot, but I realize that this is a new building and they haven't fixed that driveway yet. I will stay here again. I hope that they have a New Year's Eve party there again next year. The husband and I will come and bring our boys. We will stay safe inside--far away from the crazy midnight drivers.

Mr. Williams--Thanks again for a most enjoyable evening. Happy New Year to you, your family, and your wonderful staff.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor near the lobby. It was a perfect room!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Hotel has been open only a year so everything is new. As a Platinum member I was upgraded to a larger exec room. Even though it was next to the Gym and the elevator we had a quiet night.
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Entrance a bit difficult to find in the dark .Northbound take the exit ramp, turn RIGHT then turn left into the MacDonalds area.
Free internet, gym, pool and breakfast. Lots of fast food dining nearby + grocery store.
Cannot fault this place.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Alvarado may not be the cherry spot - it's "reason d'aitre" is the intersection. There aint nottin else. However that hotel is quite the place! Brand new, clean, modern, large rooms......

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank mleuth
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Nice, clean EVERYTHING! From the rugs in the rooms, to the bed linens and towels, this place rocks. Great, comfortable bed. The rooms do not smell like old cigarette smoke or cleaning chemicals...probably because this is a new hotel. Everything you would expect from a nice hotel is right here. The staff was very nice and helpful. Two minor complaints...the fitness equipment was broken, and the cleaning maids knocked on our door even though we had requested a late checkout. Missed breakfast, but the dining area looked inviting with a faux fireplace. (Tip...get rid of the TV in the dining area. Why do we have to have tv's everywhere?) The pool is great for lap swimming, and the jacuzzi was relaxing, clean and just the right temp. Will definately book here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Great experience. New, clean, sparkling, hotel, great prices, yet close to Ft Worth for convenience. Breakfast was excellent.Hotel staff are very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Both rooms facing the highway and away are quiet, due to use of sound absorbing glass.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alvarado
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 5 in Alvarado
Motel 6 Alvarado, TX
Motel 6 Alvarado, TX
#5 of 5 in Alvarado

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alvarado? Share your experiences!