“Great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Alvarado
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I checked the reviews by previous guests at this hotel before I made my reservation. Everything was great about this hotel, except that they need to vary their breakfast menu. The location of the hotel also has problem with Internet Access.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I enjoyed my 10-day stay here, and Teressa, the Asst. GM, was very friendly and helpful. The only problem during my stay was my tablet’s difficulty accessing the Wi-Fi, but I believe the fault was on my end.

As I will be traveling in the area again soon, I will definitely plan to stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
fife
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and I stopped into this motel in April for one night and stayed for four. Tremendously helpful staff - even down to the young girl who looks after the morning breakfast area. The motel is perfectly located near to a number of eating places and within a short drive of Fort Worth and Dallas. The rooms are really nice and, overall, it is one of the best establishments I have stayed in, in the States - and I have stayed in many. If I am ever in that area again I will, without doubt, go back to the Comfort Inn, Alvarado.

Ronnie and Tish McEwan, Glenrothes, Fife, Scotland

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Winston Salem, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed here as a nice break between work visits in Waco and Fort Worth. The hotel is only 7 months old, a fact not reflected with the many bad little things.

The good: The room was very quiet relative to the other visitors. A little league baseball team was staying there and I didn't hear a peep when I was in my room. This hotel is also nicely situated on the interstate, close to a variety of dining options. The hotel staff was reasonably friendly. Bonus points for good TV options, free internet and parking.

The bad: Many, many little things. (1) When the Air Conditioning is on auto mode (as you're told to set it), it has two states: Off, and ROARING MAX. The AC makes the room too loud to have a phone conversation. It woke me up twice in the night, so I turned it off, preferring to wake up sweaty in an 85-degree room than to get no sleep at all. (2) My bottles of lotion and shampoo were already empty when I arrived. (3) The toilet seat wouldn't stay up without me holding it. (4) When I tested the iron on a hotel towel before using it, the iron leaked rusty staining water all over the towel. Thank goodness that wasn't my dress shirt! (5)The continental breakfast had no forks, cold eggs, and the apple juice was so concentrated that it made me pucker.

I'm not the type of person to phone the front desk about little things like toilet seats and lotion bottles, so I just sucked it all up. It really hit me when I checked out how many little things were just BAD. The manager asked me what she could have done to improve, so I bit my lip and told her about the loud AC. She responded saying that it's nice to have the thermostat on the wall. Wait... what? Ugh... goodbye.

Despite the fact that the Comfort Inn and Suites is the #1 Tripadvisor hotel in Alvarado (a fact they proudly display on a big board in the lobby), I would NOT go back there. There's a very enticing Holiday Inn right on the other side of the parking lot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Very clean hotel. Courteous staff. Awesome breakfast. Will stay again if in the area. Highly recommended. The rooms were very clean and bed was comfortable as well. Very large and spacious room. Plenty of towels and ammenities in the room. The breakfast selection was very very nice.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank BKR1973
Burleson, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Alvarado location this past June 2012. The staff was very nice and the hotel was clean and comfortable as I have experienced with all Comfort hotels. We checked in around 10:00 at night to have a break from our children and get some much needed rest. Our room was located on the second floor above the pool area. There seemed to be a drinking get together going on with several people gathered at some tables pulled together under our window. The more intoxicated they became the louder and more obnoxious they became. They then proceeded to pull their truck up as close as possible to the pool fence and turn their stereo up as loud as possible. I finally called the front desk at 12:15AM and asked what their pool hours are and explained the problem. The guy at the desk asked me if I could hear them and I said yes very much so, he said he would take care of it, but the only thing they did was shut off the stereo. The party continued until 1:30AM. I find it interesting that I have always received a review request via my email from Choice, but this time I didn't.

Room Tip: I suggest if you are looking for a good night's sleep that you request a room away from the pool...