Highland Inn
$124
$76
Value Lodge(Alpine)
$51
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
All reviewsfridge and microwavecoffee potsul rossin townacross the streetbig bendsamhighlandssoaptvtrainchannelspillows
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Alpine is a nice little town with some extremely over priced Hotels. I read the reviews and looked at the prices and thought this is a keeper. Do not let the drive up appeal stop you. Its old and pink and kind of unpleasant looking. Keep in mind most of the rooms are for students and are apartments. When I drove in I was a bit nervous. But the check in is so nice and old fashion. They were so personable. I wanted a bottom floor room and she explained that all the room for travelling guest were right down from the office on first floor, there was not a second floor for the travelors rooms. There were big plants and benches outside each room, and the keys were real. When I got to my room it was very large The floors were tiles and very clean. There was a couch with a coffee table. Desk and chair, small round table with two chairs, microwave, and refrigerator.Large wooden decorated bathroom mirror and cute wicker basket with towels rolled in it. It was nothing fancy but very clean. Furniture was old but gave room personality. Now for the bed........ It had a antique heavy blanket, the way the bed was made was so great. Best of all I could have stayed in that bed for days. It wasn't a sleep number or anything fancy, but it was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept In. And the air conditioner was amazing. I went to Alpine for a high school play off game and was able to take a two hr. Nap before gametime, and I was able to walk to the Sul Ross field from the motel. I travel allot to go watch my daughter play ball. Even to Ft.Worth every other weekend for pitching. Which I am from Midland so its a 5 hr drive. We are always in uppity hotels and I would take this hometown staff and room with basic old fashion furniture over those hotels any day. Don't be afraid of the drive up appeal, it was a very comfortable and safe place. I will stay. there anytime I am in Alpine, and you cant beat the price$55.00 flat that includes taxes... Also, the people who use the apartments are very friendly. Oh last but not least, the room next to mine had only one person in it and it was a double, when I checked out I saw the door open and both beds had been stripped completely even the top blanket and had been taken to be laundered. Not something you see often. So, yes they wash everything........

Room Tip: The good rooms are for travelers, I dont have a pet but they allow them and also there s huge plastic trascans with lid attached outside every other room which I loved because I like to throw my trash outside. There is no pool which didn't matter to me. There is a restaurant as you drive in.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank jormaddy
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I was surprised that such an inexpensive place was so nice and so clean. Service was top-notch and the room was really big. I'd absolutely stay there again and I'm definitely recommending it to others. The lady at the desk was a jewel, so friendly and she gave us some great suggestions as far as restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ToniA257
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The service was fine. The room was what we had expected for the money. It was clean. It was centrally located and was convenient. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Harold H
Reviewed May 17, 2011

"Sam" was friendly enough to start out, and gave some good restaurant recommendations. But then the cascade of errors began... There was no TV remote in the room so Sam had to bring one and spend several minutes programming it. Then as I got ready to step in the shower I noticed there was no soap supplied. This required another call to the desk. Ice machine...? Nowhere to be found so a trip to the desk where Sam procured me a zip-lock baggie-full from an office freezer. I needed to make some calls, but couldn't get an outside line (no phone instructions supplied). I tried to call Sam but now I couldn't even reach the desk, so another trip to the office. Here Sam offered his cell phone but since I needed to have access to my files I declined and figured I'd just burn the minutes on my cell phone.

As I was leaving the office Sam, perhaps sensing the growing list of service inadequacies, offered a refund. I hesitated, then stepped back in the office and suggested maybe a discount would be appropriate given all the glitches. He said he'd need my credit card so back to my room I went to fetch it. There had really been no animosity up to this point, but this is where that changed. As he was running the refund on my card, he said "And I've got the sheriff here to escort you off." The sheriff was indeed there on (what I think was) an unrelated matter. Me: "You mean you're evicted me? I didn't realize that was part of your refund offer!" Sam: "Why would you want to stay where you're not happy?" Me: "Because it's 9:30 at night, I have nowhere else to go, and I have to be up at 5:00am!"

But Sam stuck to his guns, basically adhering to the perverse position that he was doing me a favor by evicting me because I wasn't enjoying my stay. I consider his behavior highly irrational, not to mention unprofessional, and would suggest that he is not well-suited to the service industry. Sam apparently feels that the way to resolve customer service issues is to dispense with the customer!

P.S. I was able to find another hotel room in Alpine that night and it was $12 cheaper!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
10  Thank ornithobond
Reviewed March 27, 2011

We stopped here on our way back from Terlingua/Big Bend. Sam greeted us in the office and was very friendly. Gave us some great recommendations for eating. The room was clean and comfortable, very quiet. A previous review said no soap was provided, well they had it now. Bed was comfortable and the shower a good temperature. It is a basic room, but well kept and a great price. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple