“Davis Mountains Trip”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Alpine
Reviewed August 5, 2013

As a base of operations to visit Marfa, Alpine and Fort Davis, this place is well-located. A smaller property, the two stories keeps the number of guests to a minimum - and quieter. Breakfast was very good, and the morning attendant was always happy to prepare eggs any style or make pancakes. One negative - there is no elevator to reach the second floor.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for the kind words! glad to hear your Davis Mountain trip went well, and glad we were a part of it!

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Hotel is located on Hwy 90. We loaded the address listed on the website into our Tom Tom GPS and the GPS indicated we had 7 miles to go when we reached the hotel.
Hotel was is great shape. Lobby has seating area and big screen TV. Checkin was easy. Staff was friendly.
Hotel has a business room with computer/printer and a laundry ($1 for washer, $1 for dryer)
Room had a refrigerator and microwave. Microwave in our room did not work, but staff at the front desk heated our food in the hotel microwave.
Breakfast was excellent and included scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits, pancakes, muffins, Danish, cereal, bread for toast, juice, milk and coffee.
Room was large, clean and in good condition. Sink was separate from shower which worked great with two of us in room.
A gas station is located next door to hotel.
Subway and McDonalds were located less than a mile from hotel.
We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for the great review!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The staff is very friendly, helpful & accommodating. I stayed one night with my Mom & two toddlers and we arrived VERY late at night. Candace was fantastic & very helpful while we checked in & even offered to help us with our bags. The hotel is easy to find, there is plentiful parking & it's well-lit, and the common areas inside the hotel are well-cared for. We did use the hot tub a bit and my son enjoyed it. However, the seating options for persons wanting to sunbathe are older & are definitely in need of replacement. I saw two lounges with huge holes at the bottom (like both my legs could fit through them) and a lot of the seating seemed to be rusted-over. I get it's the desert, it's hot & there can be storms (I live in Florida, I know all about how quickly outdoor furniture can get wrecked from inclement weather) but if I was out during the day exploring, hiking or biking, I would want something comfortable & safe to sit on after enjoying the hot tub.

Our room was mostly clean & comfortable. The linens were a bit older but clean--no tears, stains, etc & the beds were comfy (I have picky kids when it comes to a mattress being too firm). My only complaint is with the bathroom. While it's tight in size (ours had barely enough room for the tub/shower & the toilet), that really wasn't the issue. Maybe most people don't notice but since I have toddlers I have to kneel/sit on the ground while they are in the tub & I noticed a build-up of dirt & what appeared to be mold in some of the grout lines/under the little indention of the shower. To be fair, it's difficult to see unless you are on the floor and eye-level with it so I really don't fault the cleaning staff for not seeing it (although I would personally check under there but I'm OCD when it comes to things being clean lol). The rest of the room was super clean, everything was in working order & we loved that the rooms were all non-smoking & that the property is pet-friendly.

The hot breakfast is fantastic & a big reason why we booked in Alpine (other than it being the only BW available from Katy to El Paso--we wanted to use our points). Miss Kim is simply WONDERFUL and so friendly and truly makes breakfast enjoyable. Freshly prepared fried eggs & pancakes and she keeps the dining area very clean. The breakfast options are plentiful & she goes out of her way to make sure her guests are well taken care of. Travelers beware though, Tuesdays & Wednesdays are her days off so if you are hoping for the delightful breakfast that she provides you will be out of luck.

We will stay here again if our travels bring us back through Alpine.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words, we are working hard to make sure we get a higher rating from you though!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Clean and comfortable with an excellent breakfast (eggs and pancakes made to order with fruit, biscuits, bacon and sausage). Bed very comfortable. Not super fancy, but well worth the price we paid. Employees very personable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you, we are pretty proud of our breakfast and staff!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hotel staff very friendly, clean rooms, free breakfeast was a very good experince due to the lady in charge making sure that everybody was satisfied. I found it to bea good deal for my money. Quiet location away from traffic and at the same time close to restaurants and attractions. Art

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Art,

We are glad you enjoyed it!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I called the motel directly yesterday to make a motel reservation for Thursday (today). I explained I had my elderly mother traveling with me and requested early check-in so I could leave her at the motel while I took my daughter to tour SRSU. I was told no problem. I arrived at the hotel today around 1:15. The front desk clerk said she had to call her manager to ask if a room was clean. When she hung up, she said he told her she could NOT let us check-in early under any circumstances!! When I asked the girl to please call him back, she said she would lose her job if she did so and would not call him back! I was patient until this time and explained that she needed to call him back because the customer was upset! After trying to give me an 800 # for tripadvisor and then the motel # to talk to him (duh! I was in the lobby), I insisted she call him back. I don't know if she really did or faked the call but he still refused to let us check-in early!! I told her that was very rude after being told yesterday I could and that I was going to make sure and complain. I have stayed at this motel on and off for 10 years now! NEVER AGAIN!!! Will definitely post this everywhere I can. Oh, and btw, I do hope the Holiday Inn right across the street which is newer definitely puts you out of business!! They even escorted my mom to her room!! That is customer service-take a lesson!!! I do hope the girl does not lose her job but the management definitely needs to be checked into!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Roberta D

Roberta,

I think we already discussed your experience, I hope (in the end) I was able to satisfy you!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Clean facilities; nice staff; spacious rooms. Location quiet and I cannot hear any passing trains. Only critical comment is the internet connection was very weak in the rooms at the end of the halls. Would have to go to the central part of the hotel to get connected.

Room Tip: If you want solid internet access, get a room close to the lobby.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thought you might like to know..we just signed a new internet provider contract!