“spacious, comfortable bed but dirty”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Alpine
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I'd hate to write a review this way, but I wasn't so sure if the room I had checked in was even clean to begin with. It was our first time in Alpine,TX and didn't plan staying here til the last minute after a 3-day hike and camping at Big Bend National Park. I waited a few minutes before I can check in because the front desk agent was having a cigarette right in front of the entrance. As she walks in she reeked with cigarette smell and didn't greet us with a smile, grin ... nothing. Lack of character is something that really existed in this place.

She gave us a room that was supposed to be already marked clean in the system, however as I walked in, I can't help but notice the dirty bathroom, trash can full of dirty toilet paper and used soap, no clean towels etc.

Spoke with the agent one more time, no apologies given to me, and she also didn't have any room to move me in to which is understandable on a full occupancy day, (which by the way isn't really my problem to begin with). I went ahead and asked for a discount and she stated that she will take care of it. She never informed the next person on duty about our room issues and no discount given.

I honestly don't think this person is fit to be in a customer service business such as this, and housekeepers should at least check the rooms before making it available for other guests.

I was given $20 discount the next day after I explained myself for the 2nd time and took an hour for them to even decide on that.

Carpets are worn out and dirty (white socks turned black). Will never stay here again.
I'd much rather drive a little bit more to the next town of Ft. Stockton (only if headed back to San Antonio).

Room Tip: Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn is just a block away, consider paying $30 more per night with th...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Imeldita22
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

I am sorry for the delay in responding to you, however, I was truly at a loss on how to proceed! Cleanliness is one of the cornerstones of our operations and to have failed you so totally was very troubling. We have addressed the employees responsible and adjusted our procedures to ensure that nothing like this ever happens again! You have my sincerest apologies for your experience and I would love to try and make this up to you. Please contact me at 432-837-1530 at your earliest convenience so that we can discuss how i might try and recapture your future business!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

The room was spacious and clean. It had a lot of amenities--refrigerator, microwave, cable TV with HBO, free Wi-Fi. The beds had great mattresses and pillows. The shower head had a gooseneck which made it come from above with good water pressure--a great shower! I stayed a whole week and never got tired of the free hot breakfast! The location is fantastic--easy access with convenient parking. The staff was helpful and friendly. I was very pleased and will stay there again. It's a great value for the price.

Room Tip: All rooms are fairly close proximity to the lobby where extra conveniences (breakfast, ice, laundry...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Service and cleanliness are our number one priorities, I am glad to hear we came through for you! I especially like to hear your comments regarding breakfast and showers, these are both areas we have made specific improvements to recently. It is always nice to know that they are appreciated!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Best western staff was very friendly the time I was there.
The rooms were very clean with nice decor.
The outside was very clean..
There are restaurants not to for from the motel.
"Make sure to fill out a survey card,they can be found in the room or front desk,if not you can call
800-780-7234 ask for customer service,B/W does value their customers."

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much, we are glad you enjoyed your stay! Also, you are right Best Western does value guest feedback, thanks for including the phone number!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

The rooms were very clean and the service was great as well. It has been a while since I have stayed at a Best Western . And I can honestly say is that they have come along way. My husband and I do see us returning in the Fall. Thank you Best Western for your great hospitality.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Melba,

Thank you so much, it really means a lot to us that you enjoyed your stay and we welcome the chance to serve you again next trip! I agree, Best Western has come a long way as a brand and we are all very proud here of our affiliation with them. I will be passing along your comments at our staff meeting Friday, thanks again!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Upon check-in, I asked for an upstairs room and the clerk said that he had one and proceeded to assign me a downstairs room. Once we got that straightened out, we found the room to be clean and spacious. The only issue ws that the tub emitted a loud sqeaking noise when I was in the shower. Kind of starnge but not really a problem. Breakfast was typical hotel fair with scrampled eggs, bagels, biscuits and gravy that looked as though it had been sitting quite awhile. The male clerks were a bit snooty, but got the job done. Overall good place to stay for the price.

Room Tip: Choose an upper room to avoid the noise of the lobby TV
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are very proud of our hotel and I am glad you enjoyed it! I will speak with the staff about the need to be more accessible and definitely less snooty! In regards to the lobby TV, I agree it gets a bit too noisy! I will definitely address this issue so next time you can enjoy a downstairs room! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I spent five days back in October starting on October the 8th. We had a wonderful experience. The whole staff was helpful and hospitable.

I have tried to go to the Best Western.Com web pages and sing your praises and the site itself shut down while trying to send a letter praising your company and the staff at the Alpine Classic Inn.

We went to see the Marfa Lights and were totally frozen when we returned but when we returned to the Motel it was wonderful and felt like it was home. We also went to see the McDonald Observatory Star Party, and that was a good experience also. But, we would have liked to see the big telescopes on a tour of some sort, and apparently I didn't book the right tour for that. But all in all it was a good experience.

Our little long haired Chihuahua had a good time too.

Breakfast was wonderful.

I feel like we'll come back.

Donna and Don Birdwell

Reward number 6006636815918984

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Donna and Don Birdwell,

First of WOW, I am glad we were able to convey our spirit of hospitality to you! We take a lot of pride in our hotel and hope that all of our guests get that same feeling of home! I will pass your kind words along to the whole staff!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Good price for what you get. Nothing fancy, but clean and good customer service. Limited breakfast selections but basic hotel breakfast. We stayed here on our way to Big Bend and at Holiday Inn on our way home. Holiday Inn is a little nicer but maybe not worth it for the price difference. The hot tub/pool were not filled and closed for the winter at Best Western (where as at Holiday Inn the spa was indoors and available). We would stay here again if we didn't care about using the spa.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Jodi B,

Thanks! I think we are a good option for the price too, sorry about the hot tub we had a freeze this year and drained it to keep the pipes from bursting like last year!!!! We should have it up and running and well insulated but March!