“Very Good”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Alpine
Fort Worth, Texas
“Very Good”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

For a small town stay I can recomend this Best Western the lobby is really a design and while I have sterotype ideas about what I call Patel owned hotels this one has gotten with the game. The room while not pure class were clean and well kept the staff were just people there to help and do their job, friendly and helpful. I truly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Quirt_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We have stayed in Best Western hotels all across the U.S. and have found none as good as this one. The staff was very, very friendly and effecient, the rooms were well decorated and comfortable, the overall appearance of the hotel was excellent and the breakfast was superior with fresh cooked eggs and pancakes. If we could give more than five stars, we would!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Carolene Q
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Maybe I am going to be too harsh on this place because it is fairly new looking, has a hot breakfast available and a nice swimming pool, but overall I think they could do better. It is probably the best place to stay in Alpine, except for, possibly, the Holiday Inn express. I have stayed there twice. The first time the pool area was closed at dark, but this time I learned that it is now open to 11 PM, ostensibly because I complained to BW.

The staff overall is very nice and helpful except one young lady who said they had no toothpaste and didn't bother looking. ( The next night the clerk said "sure", reached under the counteer and produced some.Also, there is a lady who has a propane grill and every AM will make you eggs or pancakes. Coffee is disgusting as per usual in these places.

What bugged me was that my room had a very foul odor. There were no hand towel and no washclothes. The coffee table had sticky stuff on it. I complained and these things were taken care of the next day but it was obvious that housekeeping in this place is very lax. The AC worked but took a long time to cool the place down. For some reason a big squirrel cage fan was left running in the hall constantly.

If I went back I would stay there only because I am a BW member and get points for staying there. OTW, I would go to the Holiday Inn or the Ramada on the other end of town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Joe W
Angleton, Texas
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Drove 12 hours to get here for an anniversary party and arrived at 2:10 and the lady wouldn't let us check in before 3!! She said the rooms not ready anyway. I asked her if she could let us know when it is ready and she said NOT before 3!! I had all our bags, and my blind father with me. will definately stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank tami b
joshuaterry, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
I am so sorry this happened, we do have a policy that we do not allow early check ins, however, there is supposed to be a “common sense” element to the implementation of this policy! I will be speaking with this desk clerk personally to make sure that they understand that the policy is meant as a guideline not as an excuse! I am very sorry!
Parras de la Fuente, Coahuila de Zaragoza, Mexico
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We have stayed at the Best Western Alpine Classic Inn several times and each time has been a pleasure. The staff is particularly accommodating. Cynthia makes a fabulous breakfast. Renee and Austi were personable and efficient. The very best kind of receptionist.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so rooms on the second floor can be a bit tricky with luggage.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dona C
Orange, California
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I was here with my hsband for business and I was very comfortable. Cynthia made a wonderful breakfast and I loved her Salsa!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This hotel was just ok in my opinion. We just stayed one night on our way to Big Bend Park. The staff was friendly and the biggest plus is that a friendly lady will cook your eggs or pancakes to order at breakfast. You can tell the hotel is older but was pretty clean and nice considering. It is a 2 story hotel and there is no elevator. Our room was in the very back far corner and the wifi was horrible. I asked the girl in the lobby about it and she looked at her phone and said it was working on her phone. That was pretty much all she would do about it. Considering that the hotel was a little pricey compared to a typical Best Western, the wifi wasn't very good, and it was older If we stay in Alpine again we will probably go to the brand new Holiday Inn Express just down the street. It probably will cost a little more but is probably worth it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple