“good hotel”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Alpine
eugene, oregon
“good hotel”
Reviewed March 27, 2011

This was my second time staying here on my way to Big Bend National Park. This is a somewhat better than average Best Western - not luxury, but comfortable and good value.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Newcastle
Reviewed November 29, 2010

This is a nice Bestwestern with helpful staff. The guy on the front desk went out of his way to get us an early check-in and was able to make good dining recommendations! Would definately recommend!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 4, 2010

I was very pleased with my overall stay at the Best Western Alpine Classic Inn, in Alpine, Texas. It's not a 5-star luxury hotel by definition, and it's not new, but considering where it is, and what's around it, the service was great and I would definitely stay there again. It was a little pricey at the time I was there, but I had a really great room with a sitting area, microwave and small fridge. It was clean, the bed was very nice, the wireless internet was excellent which was a little unexpected considering the remote location. The breakfast in the morning was great. The staff across the board was very helpful and very pleasant. I had been on the road several days and was able to get my laundry done. I was there at Memorial Day and spent one day at Big Bend N.P. on my way to other places. There is no restaurant on-site, and I was not able to find a good restaurant nearby. At that time of year some places are closed because that's technically the beginning of the off-season. It is HOT during the day and HOT in the park and a lot of facilities in the park are also not working. I suggest to travelers that you take some food along that you can make in your room; there is a grocery store in the room and I think there was a McDonald's but otherwise Alpine is a very small, tired old town.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Emeryville CA
Reviewed October 21, 2010

On a two-day visit to the art foundations in Marfa, I decided to stay 25 miles away in Alpine because I didn't like the reviews of Marfa's hotels. The Best Western in on the main drag, has a nice spa and clean but cold pool, and very comfortable, spacious rooms, with microwave, refrigerator and flat panel TV with lots of channels.

Best Westerns tend to fall in the two-star category in terms of amenities, and this one was definitely in that class. But I've always liked Best Westerns--they don't over-promise, don't have luxurious reception areas, but always live up to their promise. And of Best Westerns I've stayed at, this one could well be the very best.

The only thing that bothered me was that at check-in I was first put into a room with two queen beds, even though I was clearly alone and almost certainly had reserved a single. But once I had dragged all my stuff back to the front desk, I was moved to a nice room with a single king-size bed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 30, 2010

We stayed at this hotel on an overnight stop. Although we arrived at 3pm we had to wait until after four for our room to be ready (very annoying after a long drive). The rooms are ok and the breakfast is decent, but we felt that we overpaid for what we received. No decent eating places within walking distance (we went to the bar across the street and had the worst steak of our lives!)

This hotel is not worth going out of your way to get to.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Amarillo, TX
Reviewed April 17, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights while we were traveling in Big Bend Country. We found everything about our stay to be pleasurable. The king suite was spacious, very clean, in very good condition, and the bed was superb-especially after staying in a tent for six nights! The staff was friendly, accommodating, and helpful. The full breakfast was made to order and very good. Though we didn't use the pool secondary to inclement weather, it was sparkling and looked inviting. The staff recommended shopping at a few local shops we found to be fun, and dining at the nearby Buffalo Rose Saloon and Penny's Diner was excellent as well! I would definitely recommend this hotel and Alpine-I hope we can make it back sometime!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2010

My husband & I own a business so therefore at times it's almost impossible for us to take a two-week vacation. However, we have now made it a point to take advantage of our little opportunities and head west to Alpine, Tx. On our very first stay we found Best Western Alpine, Texas Classic Inn and for the last four years have come back on what we call our "mini vacations". Not once have they dissappointed us.
The rooms have always been clean, breakfast has always been hot & plentiful. And much more importantly, their service and staff have always been kind, considerate, curtious and caring.
The staff was very informative and quick to help us with any requests.
We have not encountered any problems or disappointments and will continue to stay at Best Western Alpine Classic Inn. We've even convinced my brother & sister-in-law this is a perfect getaway. They, too, look forward to their stay at Best Western.

• Stayed April 2010