All reviews motor court west texas fire pit big bend yogurt saltillo tile sul ross university western decor continental breakfast sister property biscuits adobe style roadside motel sausage the young lady comfortable bed enjoyed our stay
Reviewed August 20, 2018

We booked the Maverick Inn after we read all the positive comments here on TripAdvisor. What a disappointment.

The Maverick Inn is nested between the busy main road (4 lanes) through Alpine and the train tracks. Noise is comin from all sided especially the loud horn of the train every hour. In this case the very loud air conditioning system kind of was no longer the main problem.

We had the two Queen bed apartment - most of the pictures show the King size bed apartment which was under renovation. Our room was not really clean - we found a lot of dirt when we moved the two queens side by side. The shower was not clean either with hairs from the last guests in the drainage. Water pressure below comfortable conditions made it also hard to use.

There is no room service when you stay longer and the "breakfast" (as advertised on booking.com) is only coffee and some snack items.

I personally think the price is way beyond somebody should pay for this kind of service.

The pool is nice but way smaller than expected from the pictures.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank teaki78089
Sarah D, Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Hello,
We are so sorry to hear your stay was not as you had hoped. There are all sorts of different room types located throughout the property, both next to and away from the road. I personally try to recommend our guests to call before booking through a third party as different room types work better for different guests. I am sad to hear you did not enjoy the pool either. We pride ourselves in having one of the only outdoor pools in the area and enjoy having our guests out to enjoy the warm weather. We hope to see you again soon and wish you safe travels along your way.

Regards,
Sarah

Reviewed July 21, 2018

I love road trips and one of the things I try to do while on these trips is to stay at properties that are unique. The Maverick Inn in Alpine Texas is just such a place. Not only is the Maverick Inn unique but Alpine itself is unique because of it's cooler weather in the hottest months of the Texas summer (mid to upper 80s).

If you like the history of the old west, art, or star gazing (and cooler weather) I highly recommend getting out to Alpine as it has an abundance of all these things. While you're there stay at the Maverick Inn. The rates are good but you need to book in advance because this little gem is popular. It consists of about 30 direct access rooms which are appointed in western style furnishings, a well maintained swimming pool, and a common area with fire pit perfect for gathering with fellow travelers. The rooms are very clean and the staff is fantastic. I'd say this is best hotel in the Alpine area with the expectation of it's sister hotel, "The Holland", and the Hotel Paisano in Marfa Texas.

If you live in Texas and you've never been out to the Davis Mountains in west Texas I highly recommend it. It truly is a fantastic get away filled with lots to do. Ideal for a 3 or 4 day weekend. Check it out!!

Room Tip: Check their web site for room choices. They have several room types to chose from.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank John A
Sarah D, Front Office Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Hello!
We are thrilled to hear you had such a great experience, and it was a pleasure having you as our guest. We take pride in preserving and improving the history of our historic boutique. This time our year is such a wonderful time to come visit Alpine with the cool weather for any out door activity, especially enjoying the pool on our hot summer days or having a nice cook out in our courtyard area. I will make sure to pass on the message to our team on how wonderful they were to help make your experience to Alpine just as great as you were hopping for

We hope to see you again and we hope that you have a safe travel along your journey!

4632.837.0628

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Loved it. Convenient good value glad we went there. It was the perfect base for a quick weekend getaway from Austin. Great staff, the bed was comfy, and it was close to where we wanted to go in Alpine.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sarah D, Front Office Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Hi there!
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay! Our Western decor and history is what definitely makes us great as well as unique. I will pass your kind words along to the staff, and we appreciate your stay with us. Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

My family and I stayed at the Maverick Inn so my daughter could check out Sul Ross and so we could make the drive to McDonald Observatory. The hotel was great. Staff was very attentive and the pool is a little oasis where you can relax. I can't stress enough how clean our room was. Even though the hotel is situated on a main thoroughfare, we did not hear a lot of road noise. It is also close to the railroad tracks, but night noise was minimal. My only complaint, and the pictures show it very clearly so I can't complain too much is the bathroom is a bit small if you're a bigger gal like me.

Room Tip: Our room was a double. The bathroom was in the middle giving somewhat of a partition between the beds.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family

Hello!

We are thrilled to hear your family enjoyed their stay with us. During this time of the year is it the perfect time to see the flowers blooming and being in the cool water at the pool relaxing with the family! We do apologize for the bathrooms not being so big but due to us being an older property from the 1920's is what makes us so unique however we do have other rooms on the property that would be to your liking! We hope you consider us again traveling through West Texas! Safe Travels!

Reviewed July 7, 2018

Alpine, Texas is on of my favorite places and last year was our first time staying at The Maverick. It was the obvious choice because my middle son’s name is Maverick. Since road trips are our “thing”, sometimes booking sight unseen can be tricky. However, The Maverick was golden!

The location is great, just across from Sul Ross University, and while it’s on the main road, traffic noise was never bothersome. They keep the property meticulously clean, the landscaping is well kept and really adds an oasis feel to the inn.

I cannot say enough about the rooms! They are well appointed, incredibly clean, and spacious! Even the beds are comfortable and have plenty of fluffy pillows! The bathrooms are great, super clean and no cheap, thin towels; the towels are nice and soft and big!

Taking a dip in the pool is just the thing after a hike to “The Desk”, the water is cold and very refreshing! There is music playing, but not blaring, which is nice.

Last, but certainly not least, is the staff. They are genuinely nice folks, always have time for small talk and are actually interested in the conversation. Even communicating via phone or email, they really go out of their way to make the whole experience perfect.

The Maverick Inn is our only choice when visiting the Alpine area! It is truly a gem! ❤️

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic!!
Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sarah D, General Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Hello!
We are thrilled to hear you had such a great experience, and it was a pleasure having you as our guest. We take pride in preserving and improving the history of our historic boutique. This is such a great time of year to visit too because all the flowers and trees are green and in full bloom making your West Texas experience even more memorable especially to go hiking up behind the University. I will make sure to pass on the message to all our staff on how wonderful they made your experience with us just a great as you were hopping for!

We hope to you again and we hope that you have a safe travel along your journey!