“Clean, unique, and comfortable!”
Review of The Maverick Inn

The Maverick Inn
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Alpine
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We were looking for a nice place to stay in Alpine for a reasonable price, and were lucky enough to find this place. The room was very clean yet rustic. It had all of the modern amenities, and was very romantic. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: You can negotiate with the front desk to get the room with a king bed for the queen rate.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wrx2surf
TheMaverickInn, General Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear Surfer,
The good fortune was ours and I'm so glad that you did find. Thank you for the review and I really do hope you'll stay with us the next time your in the Big Bend!
Mark

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I had stayed at the Maverick Inn two or three years ago on a trip to the Big Bend, and really enjoyed it. Last weekend, I was in Dallas, headed toward Salt Lake City and home, when I saw a huge ice storm was predicted. My planned route took me straight through it, Clearly, it behooved me to find another way home, so I headed south and west. Logically, I should've stopped at Ft. Stockton, but I had such fond memories of the Maverick that I decided it was worth going out of the way. I called for a reservation, telling them that I would get there about 8:00 p.m. It was starting to rain and getting foggy about 7:00 when I got a phone call. It was the desk clerk at the Maverick, calling to see if I was OK. Wow! I felt so appreciated. I was fine, but if I had been in trouble, it was great to know they had my back. Since my plans had changed, I knew I wouldn't have enough clean clothes to get me home. They let me use their washer and dryer---no charge. The room was comfortable and clean, breakfast next morning was yummy. But the feeling of being cared about was priceless.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank utahtexan
TheMaverickInn, General Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

THANK YOU! Your review is priceless also! Thank you so much for being part of The Maverick Family(that is the way we feel about it). I know that the staff is concerned for each and every traveler and I love hearing about that, but I think that what really caught me was that you remembered us from years past originally, I also have a question; your photo on Trip Advisor of the rock tower? I recently hiked the "window trail" in Big Bend and ran across several of these along the trail, were those yours? Thanks again, Mark

Reviewed December 3, 2013

The room was clean and nice. Interesting items of decor. The staff is super friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay again if in the area. Breakfast was a great start to busy days. Can't say enough good things about the friendliness of both the staff and the other wanderers.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DubyaDubya
TheMaverickInn, General Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

WW,
Thank you! I especially thank you for the words about the friendliness of the staff. I believe The Maverick's a great little inn, but the people make it an exceptional one, so thanks again and "happy wandering"...Mark

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful relief to finally get to Alpine and The Maverick!
We had spent 3 nights in Van Horn, stranded due to the ice storm. When we finally were safely able to drive, we arrived in Marfa only to discover that power had not yet been restored. So thankfully we were able to get a room at the Maverick and were so relieved! The staff was friendly, and generous. Well-sized rooms, clean and functional. Snacks and drinks were available throughout the day. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful-good, strong coffee, home-made muffins, turnovers and pastries. The home made granola was terrific!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review and we're glad you made it safely to Alpine and so very glad that we didn't disappoint. Please don't wait to get stuck again to visit again. Thank you and Happy Holidays! Mark

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed at the Maverick Inn (Alpine, Tx) first of November (after the Terlingua Chili Cook-off--by design). Don't see why anyone stays in "chain" hotels anymore with accommodations like this. Georgie in reception was a treasure; Mike the GM of both the Maverick and Hoffman Hotel in "downtown Alpine" very friendly and nice to talk with. Our room was huge--plenty of room for two retired ladies-also clean and a great coffee/tea service. We'd heard about "the night train" before going but it really wasn't an issue. We were on the front of the property and the train runs behind the inn. Loved the atmosphere in and around the place (patio, fire pit, 1960s vintage trailer, even the feral cats). Alpine is really the jewel in the Big Bend crown for me. Breakfast was also wonderful, going way beyond the "continental" label.

Room Tip: We enjoyed # 11 next to reception
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Halloween Lady,
We are just glad you survived the "Chili Cook-off" to rest up with us. Thank you very much for the wonderful review and especially for your compliments on the staff, that always brightens our day!
We sure hope to see you next year for "chili-recuperation" if not sooner!
Mark

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived at the front desk the young lady had welcomed us and showed concerned since we were late checking in. We were told of all the accommodation before we could even ask. Breakfast was provided and even food to go.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
TheMaverickInn, General Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Imelda,
Thank you! I believe I have the best staff in the Big Bend and we do have true concern for all of our travelers. Thanks for staying with us during "showcase" and I hope we see you in the future...Mark

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The Maverick inn is a very nice small hotel in western style. The staff was very friendly. The room was nice and clean but the bathroom was very small. We just came from Big Bend state park and we're very tired but we couldn't sleep all night because of the uncomfortable bed and the railroad noise.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NinaRS39

Thank you for your review and I'm very glad that you found us a nice hotel. I really appreciate your comments concerning the staff. Because we are an 85 year old hotel we do have some limitations and i apologize for any discomfort, it was good to have you stay with us...Mark

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alpine
Holland Hotel
#4 of 13 in Alpine
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 13 in Alpine

Been to The Maverick Inn? Share your experiences!