“Loved it!”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Alpine
Decatur, Texas
“Loved it!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The Maverick Inn was a wonderful choice for our short stay in the Alpine area. Phone contact prior to arrival was so positive and helpful. Upon arrival, we were treated like dear friends. We got to stay in Room #10 which has just recently been added. They renovated an old storage area to create the room--beautiful hardwood floors (original), doors opening to a private patio, rustic/southwestern type finishes comfortable bed, good ac, and tv, internet, fridge, microvave. Just a great room. Additionally, they make the kitchen available to guests at all times--not just breakfast. Great continental breakfast is served daily with lots of choices. The manager is so personable and welcoming. Every need of guests is accommodated. We loved this hotel! We will definitely choose is again if we are in the Alpine area. It is NOT a cookie-cutter place, but a refreshing, unique facility. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Room #10 is a delight--as I am sure they all are.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
TheMaverickInn, General Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
We love being loved. Thank you so very much for your and high compliments. I really loved your room description and giving your review such ambiance. I hope you make back to Alpine in the future, we'd love to have you for a longer stay. Thanks again...Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

If you need to be in or travel through Alpine, the Maverick Inn is a comfortable, nice place to stay. The room was spacious and clean with pretty comfortable bed. The location is just outside of town across from the Sul Ross University which is very nice. The pool was not working when we were there. Breakfast is a generous continental with yogurt, cereals, juices, baked goods, coffee, tea.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
TheMaverickInn, General Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Woody,
Tank you very much for your review and kind comments(it means a great deal from a Senior Reviewer). Just to let you know, I have corrected the challenges we encountered on the pool and it is filling as I write this(although still closed for the season). Please I hope you'll pass our way again and I'll have that pool pristine! Mark
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

It was a fun, exciting one night stay. The Maverick Inn was fantastic and the lovely friendly staff was helpful in so many ways. Rooms were clean with an ol rustic western charm. I loved it. Will definately be back again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank arch c
Arch,
We're so glad you stayed with us and enjoyed what we have to offer! Thank you for your review and the "Pet Friendly" heading. Most of all I want to thank you for the staff comments, that means so much to all of us. Thanks Again...Mark
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Spent one night at the Maverick and my wife and I really enjoyed the inn and friendly staff. The entire inn is decorated in rustic, cowboy paraphernalia which goes well with the location. The complimentary breakfast is filling and sitting outside in the veranda is quite relaxing and peaceful.

If the mood strikes, there is a horseshoe pit and bbq grill in backyard of the reception area.

Room Tip: Check out the antique RV that is located to the right of the reception building - open to guests to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you! It is always a special treat for us when we receive reviews from international travelers. I am so glad we were able to give you a taste of our little part of Texas and I'm glad you appreciate the ambiance. Happy Travels, Mark
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We found the personal at this hotel to be Texas friendly which means they were very friendly and accommodating. The place was clean and furnished tastefully in a cozy Texas style. The hotel is across from Sul Ross University as one enters Alpine. The room had 2 queensize beds that were positioned in a way that allowed a great deal of privacy. A drawback was that the TV could not be
seen from both beds. It did not bother us. Another thing that did not bother us was that the hotel was on the main road leading out of town and a railroad track was close . Four trains passed by during the night . My friend heard the trains but it did not bother her. I did not hear the trains because I sleep like a stone. The hotel did supply several sets of ear plugs.
The continental breakfast was ok but limited. We were told the baked goods were locally baked but we were not impressed especially since Tx food is normally outstanding.
I am recommending this hotel to other travellers.

Room Tip: Check pictures on the hotel's website.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Veronica,
Thank you for the review and your recommendation. I'm so sorry that our breakfast did not meet your expectations but I truly appreciate your candor. Thank you again and come back to see us again please...Mark
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We checked into the Maverick Inn and were warmly greeted by Manager, Mark and front desk staff member, Deby. The Maverick is cozy, charming, immaculate and pets are given special attention. Free WIFI, parking, continental breakfast, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker in room and a prime location on the main street in town!

No pet fee—but you will be responsible for any damage. Lots of grassy areas for furry guests to enjoy and the charming outdoor patio off the breakfast area is also pet friendly.

We were given complimentary drink tickets to the historic Holland hotel-located minutes away (the sister hotel to the Maverick). Alpine is fun to explore-a few good restaurants, funky vintage and thrift stores and only 30 minutes from Marfa.

Room Tip: The trains run periodically through the night and the management provides ear plugs—light sleepers s...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Shelia,
It was so good to have you here and I really appreciate your review. I am also thankful for your reviews in "Posh Pet Travel" and the "Examiner". I truly hope you and your daughter can come back in the future and best wishes from The Maverick!
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed September 22, 2013

What a wonderful relaxing stay we had at the Maverick Inn over Labor Day weekend.The staff was so warm, friendly and very helpful when trying to find places to eat, things to do and things not to do! They even made calls ahead for us to get details etc. Our stay could not have been better, from the soft comfortable beds and lienens to the well anointed Baths and "mini Kitchen/bar" in our room. We laughed at the ear plugs, took us a while to figure that one out, who told them I snored? The trains seemed to lull us not disturb us. The morning breakfast, delicious and filling was so enjoyable each day on a pleasant side patio with the "Cowboy Madonna" watching over us, well let's just say I light a candel for us all ,gals! Couldn't hurt??. So do I plan to come back? You bet I do! Planning my next trip already. Oh and don't miss the Marfa Lights they are truly a mystery and wonder of this world. Well worth the drive.

Room Tip: Spring for the larger suites, you will be glad you did some with own patios.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sara H
Sara,
Thank you so much for your review(I could feel the warmth as I read it)! I hope you have made your plans for your next visit and may the blessing of "Saint Cowboy" be with you...Mark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alpine
Holland Hotel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alpine Southeast
Hotel Saint George
Hotel Saint George
#1 of 4 in Marfa

Been to The Maverick Inn? Share your experiences!