“Tasty. Good location.”
Review of Guzzi Up

Guzzi Up
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Alpine
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This was our first visit, and we enjoyed it. The decor is fresh and modern yet casual. The early Friday night crowd was laid back, and we had no problem getting a table. It was just the two of us, and the server seated us by the floor-to-ceiling windows that have a good view of the Holland Hotel across the street.

Service was fine, and the food was tasty. You can tell it's all made from scratch. A few pieces of bread as an appetizer were complimentary - very good. We each got personal-size pizzas which were good as well. For dessert we shared an excellent tiramisu, and I'm normally not a huge fan. This one was delicious. We'll probably go back whenever we're in Alpine.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

My husband and I shared the spinach and artichoke dip, which was bubbling with cheese and tasted creamy and flavorful. We also shared a pizza with fresh toppings and enjoyed cold local beer on tap. The white chocolate raspberry cheesecake was the perfect finish.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stopped here on a Sunday night while in Alpine because most places are closed. Much to our surprise the atmosphere is warm, cozy and fun. They have a good beer selection and the two different types of pizza we ordered were better than most in this area. The only thing that was a little strange is that you had to go outside to use the restroom. Other than that....a great little place!

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We arrived just before 6 and our meal was in front of us 15 minutes later, so the comments about service were no problem at all. Every guest was greeted promptly when they arrived. Our meals were priced well, and delicious. Pecan pie was the dessert of the month, and was excellent. This will become a regular for us.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

On our annual trip to the Big Bend area, we stumbled across Guzzi Up. It's open late which is nice for this area and its also a full bar. We were there on a Monday night and a good musician was playing at the door. We ordered the cheese pizza, meatball sandwich and another sandwich. They also have homemade bread served at the table. It was really good. I thought the pizza was solid. Great sauce and good chewy crust. Not as thin as NYC style, but good. The meatball sandwich was excellent. The bread, the crushed meatballs and cheese were a surprise. I'd highly recommend it. I though the prices were fair especially since you're in he middle of nowhere. The only knock I had was the service. Hard to get tea refills and food took awhile. Our waitress was more concerned about talking with her friends at the bar. I guess you can't win hem all!