“Wonderful find in Alpine”
Review of Reata Restaurant

Reata Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Reata Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Alpine
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The original Reata Restaurant located in the scenic Davis Mountains of west Texas offers the same fine dining and Legendary Texas Cuisine you can find at the Fort Worth location. Alpine, home to Sul Ross State University is near Texas tourist destination Big Bend National Park and the towns of Marathon, Fort Davis and Lajitas. Alpine is also a short drive from Marfa, Texas renowned both for the mysterious Marfa Lights and Donald Judd’s Chinati Foundation. Reata, named after the legendary ranch in the James Dean classic movie, “Giant”, which was filmed in nearby Marfa, boasts the same high quality Southwestern dining you can find in Fort Worth. This is not food for the faint of heart, from Chicken Fried Steak to Calf Fries or the Pepper Crusted Tenderloin and Cowboy Rib Eye Steak, this is a dining experience not to miss. Today, Reata Alpine remains a true destination restaurant, attracting loyal diners from miles beyond the charming converted farmhouse where our Legendary Texas Cuisine was born.
Austin, Texas
“Wonderful find in Alpine”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We had lunch at Reata last week and it was a really great experience. I had the Jalapeno and Cilantro soup. It was quite rich and creamy. I also had the Beef Tenderloin Tamale which was perfectly prepared.

• Visited June 2014

San Antonio, Texas
“Consistently good”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We manage to grab a bite here every time we're in the area, and we're never disappointed. I had the ribeye which was cooked to perfection. The accompanying garlic mashed potatoes were tasty but cold, so our waitress quickly brought out hot replacements. The broccoli was perfect - green and crunchy. Dana had a huge chicken fried chicken plate, which was so good that I didn't even get a bite (highly unusual!). Not cheap, but definitely worth a visit.

Schertz, Texas
“Trip to Davis Mountains,Texas”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We have eaten at the Reata before and are never disappointed.We always look forward to stopping to enjoy a great meal when we are in the area .The place is always busy because of the great food and great service no matter how busy they are. Everything we ever ate at the Reata is just great.

• Visited May 2014
“Love this place”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The food, atmosphere, and services are fantastic. When I go I get the salmon with a bousin cream sauce.. it's to die for. I made my own copy cat recipe of the sauce for when I am back home on the east coast. I always get the cowboy cosmo to drink... it is delicious.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Kate B
Bowie, Texas
“So Good!!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten at Reata several times when I've been fortunate enough to visit the lovely little town of Alpine. I always look forward to my meal at Reata and I have never been disappointed. The most recent visit was for my husband's 60th birthday. We started with bacon-wrapped shrimp and onion rings. Both appetizers were delicious with large, firm shrimp and well-cooked bacon (none of that rubbery, half-cooked stuff) with a marvelous onion jam. The onion rings had a spicy ketchup that complimented the crispy coating and tender insides. And the carne asada was fantastic! I asked for mine to be cooked rare and it was so delicious and tender. My son requested his well done and it was just as tender. The jalapeño cheese grits are always yummy and this time was no different. Because it was my husband's birthday, he received a free dessert. Everything we ordered was well-prepared,beautifully presented, absolutely delectable and the service matched the food. Do not miss this place when in Alpine!

Visited June 2014