“THE Place to Eat in Alpine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Reata Restaurant

Reata Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Reata Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Alpine
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Forney, Texas
“THE Place to Eat in Alpine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have eaten at the Reata for many years. This is a high-end restaurant and it does not disappoint. The food is well-prepared with fresh ingredients and the menu has something for everyone. The service is not rushed even when they are busy. The ambiance is very nice -- like eating in the dining room of a West Texas ranch house. During the tourist season, reservations are a must. The prices are reasonable reflecting the quality of the food, service and ambiance.

• Visited September 2013

alpine, tx
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“needs to change things up a bit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a beautiful restaurant indoors and out that everyone takes friends to that come in to Alpine from out of town. I don't go very often anymore, I don't eat meat and the only thing that I like there are the chicken/black bean nachos without the chicken. The salads are the same ones they've had for YEARS. They will occasionally add a new dish, but the menu stays the same basically forever. I got the veggie plate ($18.00 if I remember correctly), which wouldn't be so bad if they would actually cook them correctly and season them. They came RAW and no seasoning. The owner can actually afford to hire a chef and make this place great, but for some reason doesn't. Too bad. The waitstaff is great and they do a great job, the bar is nice, and the patio is, too. I know many people in town who don't go there anymore because the food just isn't that great. Not to say that sometimes some dishes are good, just not consistently.

• Visited August 2013
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible Meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Texas hospitality at it's best! From the greeting to the last lick of our warm pecan pie with vanilla bean ice cream this was a great place. My husband had the steak special and I had the salmon (yep, I know I was in the desert). Both of our meals were wonderful. Lots of veggies and homemade cornbread muffins and something else, I forgot but they were tasty! Comfortable place with great food!

Visited October 2013
Bedford, Texas
“Abundant food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is the original Reata, the one that preceded the location in Fort Worth, where I have dined a few times (both at the restaurant and also the Reata Grill at DFW Airport). The Alpine restaurant beats the Fort Worth one in terms of atmosphere, simply because Alpine has better, nicer evenings than Fort Worth does, and can therefore offer patio dining.

They have a moderately expensive menu, but for your money, expect large quantities of food, served in an attentive and prompt manner.

Their field greens salad, with wine vinaigrette, goat cheese, and pecans, is not to be missed, and it's very filling.

I actually ate there twice, and the first time I had their barbecued shrimp enchiladas with rice and beans. The second night, their special was a chicken teriyaki. These were good, but not outstanding, dishes. There were other offerings for grilled chicken dishes the second night, and I, instead, wish that I had tried the chicken with more of a citrus-y accompanying sauce.

I decided to splurge on the creme brulee for dessert. Again, the quantity served was much more than you would get in a French bistro. And it was a good creme brulee. I would have shared it with fellow diners, if they'd been interested. More for me, I guess.

I believe my sister ordered a Bloody Mary, or similar drink, and she commented favorably on it.

The service is great, and the waitress didn't hesitate to comply with my wishes that my enchiladas be served with corn tortillas instead of flour.

Our second evening, we ate out on their patio. It was a nice evening, and a charming time to spend with family members. Were I to do it over again, I would order a couple of salads, try to interest others in my party in the desserts, and skip the entrees.

Visited September 2013
“Pretty good food,”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Restaurant was pretty good but not as good as we had expected. The steak was delicious and tender but the sauce was nothing special. Service was mixed--some waitstaff were much more helpful than others. Ambiance is nice and the outdoor seating was nice too but there were a lot of flies. Good drinks and excellent pecan pie.

Visited October 2013