“Nice place but……”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Nice place but……”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Very nice place but they don't seem to have a favorable view of motorcyclists. We visited over Spring Break and brought the Harley . The roads were fabulous. The National Park seems to have a much different view of the park than does the State park. Mountain biking was allowed in the state park but not in the national park. Seems the National park has so much land there could surely be somewhere to mountain bike. The national park rangers were very helpful and we enjoyed the stay. Some Amazing views in both parks that you don't thing are a part of Texas. There is a little border crossing in the national park that allows you to cross the river by boat and then take a donkey ride up to the little town for lunch and some shopping. A must do! Thanks to the Customs agents that happened to be there that day, for the special photo.

Visited March 2014

• Polish first
Orlando, Florida
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“LOVE it”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Just one tip, do not do Mavericks road unless you have 4wd its rough but if you do have 4wd don't miss it you will regret it. Go out to the end of the park by the border as well thats a great drive.. I spent 2 days driving all over , would have liked to hike but my legs won't let me right now

Visited January 2014
Santa Fe, New Mexico
186 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 371 helpful votes
“Beautiful, quiet, natural desert wonder”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We only had a few days to enjoy this bucket list natural park. Hiking through rocky formations, following a river side trail, soaking in a natural hot spring....it's all here. Our only regret is not coming at a time whenn we could raft or canoe down the river through a canyon. We are certainly going to try getting here to do that because this place will draw you back with its magical and serene character. We can recommend going to Boquillas, the Santa Elena trail to the canyon mouth, the Grapevine trail to the balancing rock and the many informative exhibits along the roadways.

Visited March 2014
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A forgotten but fabulous National Park”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Do you like hiking? Camping? Few people around? Great desert skies and awesome beauty? You need to head to Big Bend National Park. You have huge mountains to desert floor. Santa Elena Canyon, The Basin Campground, and Boquius! Check it all out! You won't be sorry!

Visited November 2013
Clive, Iowa
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Beautiful and remote”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I spent a long weekend here hiking the around the Emory Peak area. I saw two other people the entire weekend hiking the same trail. I enjoyed the solititue and views. I did not mind going it alone but I did find that I should have had a hiking partner. I did spend some time in the visitors center and stopping at the marked points of interest. This is not a place to spend a day visiting, there is way too much to see as this is a big park.

Visited April 2013