“Wow. Don't bother.”

Ranked #7 of 44 Restaurants in Alpine
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We just left, after waiting 40 minutes for two sandwiches that never appeared. When we walked in the door at 10:50 am, we were told by the seated waitress that "we're not serving breakfast, it's lunch". OK. We ordered two sandwiches from the lunch menu and waited. And waited. There were 2-3 wait staff and 4 kitchen staff. About 8 customers. At 11:35 I approached their front counter and asked what was taking so long. I was then informed by kitchen staff that they didn't start serving lunch until 11:30. When I asked our waitress why she couldn't have told us that when came in, she looked at me, raised her eyebrows, and SHRUGGED. I paid for the chocolate milk my son had had, and left. We have a six hour drive ahead of us, so McDonalds drive thru got our business. Pretty pathetic.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Picked up cinnamon rolls on our way out of town. Wish we had found this place earlier. We will be back.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Breakfast is not served after noon, so we decided to eat here for lunch. Service was slow and my food was poor. I ordered the BLTA, but the bacon was fatty and limp, so I tore what little meat I could off of it. I realized they forgot the avocado, so I waited for a side of that to be served, but it was mushy and overripe. My cup of potato soup had no seasoning. It was like potatoes in cream sauce. I added salt just to be able to put something in my stomach, since we had paid for the food. We asked for two waters to go with our tea, but never received them. Travelers to this desert town need to stay hydrated, and I thought it was extremely inconsiderate. I can't believe we wasted our money on lunch at Judy's.

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Good breakfast. The whole grain toast is outstanding. One review recommended the cinnamon rolls, but if you have one pastry, I recommend the sticky bread.

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here for breakfast during our week in Alpine at the beginning of June. Our food was good when it finally came. Little did we know that there would be a 20 minute wait for our to-go order of a burrito for our teen son who had slept in. We had even ordered it at the beginning of our visit. I'd definitely give it another try on another visit, but we were too busy sightseeing to risk another wasted morning just to get breakfast on this go-round.