“Great addition to Alpine”

The Century Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Century Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 43 Restaurants in Alpine
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Century Bar & Grill offers a distinctive menu infused with tradition as well as the forward motion of the modern age. We have crafted the Century dining experience with a variety of flavors: relax in the comfortable and classic Rio Grande Room, indulge a New York mood at our Chef's Tables with a view on the open kitchen, or savor outdoor dining in the Hotel courtyard under West Texas skies in a delightful high-desert climate. The beautifully designed bar, airy yet intimate, serves superb locally brewed beer from Big Bend Brewery as well as unique cocktails. A favorite of locals, The Century Bar & Grill guarantees anyone visiting the Big Bend a friendly Texas welcome with casual elegance, great food, and good drinks.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I had business in Alpine this month. We ate lunch at The Century Grill and were pleased with the food quality, the prices, and the service. I ordered a Cobb Salad that was as good as any I've had prior; my husband ordered the Kinky Friedman Reuben, which is a smoked brisket with coleslaw sandwich plus handcut fries, yum. Both choices were ample. The restaurant and bar are both classy. The courtyard is attractive. Try it. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Leslie B

Reviewed April 25, 2013

When my husband & I arrived in Alpine & got checked into our room, we were definitely ready to eat. So, we just decided to dine at the hotel's restaurant. Plus, as part of our hotel accommodations, we were given a $20 credit to dine there, along with two complimentary drinks for the bar.

We had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated, but we just sat in the bar area & enjoyed our drink. Let me tell you, the wait was well worth it!!!

We decided to order two different dishes with the idea of sharing. So, we order one of the day's specials, grilled salmon, and the chicken fried steak. The presentation for both dishes was delightful. And while the chicken fried steak was good, I must say, the salmon won both mine & my husband's favor! Wishing I had not agreed to share the two dishes, I reluctantly passed the plate of salmon when I had eaten my fair portion. Our compliments to the chef!

We completed our evening with a devil's food cake with what they called "angel" frosting. We had them pack it "to-go", to let our food settle a bit before endulging, so we could fully enjoy the dessert. Later that evening, we partook in it's delectable goodness!

I highly recommend this restaurant even if you aren't staying at the Hotel Holland!

CenturyBarandGrill, Manager at The Century Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for dining with us and taking the time to write a helpful and candid review of our restaurant. We greatly appreciate the accolades, and are constantly striving to improve our service and training, and your feedback is invaluable throughout this process. We hope that you will have a chance to return so that you can see our changes in action! Have a great day,

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Cold "homemade" chips and salsa, but the drinks were well made and it was nice to have the local brewery beers that were on tap.

Thank you for dining with us and taking the time to write a helpful and candid review of our restaurant. We greatly appreciate your response. As a relatively new restaurant in the area, we are constantly striving to improve our service and training, and your feedback is invaluable throughout this process. We hope that you will have a chance to return so that you can see we have taken action to correct the issues to your response! Have a great day,

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I am a native of Alpine. I had dinner there once and was so underwhelmed with less than mediocre food.

BUT WAIT!!!! The Century now has a new chef! So I had lunch yesterday at the Century with 6 out of town friends. Wonderful wonderful wonderful! Everyone loved their meals! And the Cajeta Cheesecake...all you could hear were the moans of delight! Thank you Chef Tami Moran! In just a few days, you have already made this the BEST restaurant in the area! You and your team rock!

Thank you for dining with us and taking the time to write a helpful and candid review of our restaurant. We greatly appreciate both the accolades and advice. As a relatively new restaurant in the area, we are constantly striving to improve our service and training, and your feedback is invaluable throughout this process. Have a great day,

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The historic Holland Hotel was closed for remodeling for a long time, and created a wonderful dining space around an enclosed patio. The food and service at the Century Bar and Grill were excellent, even though they were also handling a large corporate event in hotel. My daughter and I had a very enjoyable dinner and would definitely return again.

Nicholas P, Manager at The Century Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for your review! I am happy that you were pleased with your dining experience. I will pass your feedback on to the staff so that we can continue to strive for pleasant experiences such as yours. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon. Have a great day, Nick.