Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alpine Southeast
Value Lodge(Alpine)
$51
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewsstayed herebig bendhappy hourexcellent holidayroom was cleanevening receptionindoor poolin great shapefree breakfastbeautiful townkey cardpizza hutbeer and winemcdonald observatorybreakfast barhandicapped roomcheese and crackers
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Great staff! Nice breakfast! Immaculate room! We loved the King suite! All around great experience! We will always look for Holiday Inn Express when traveling from now on! We were just so pleasantly surprised at how nice everything was. We arrived with sick children after 9 hours in the car, and we had to cancel plans because they were ill, but the hotel was so comfortable, we really didn't mind.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Paresh J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alpine Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

We are very happy that you found our hotel to be so comfortable. Our team members strive to make sure that each and every guest feels at home. We hope the children are feeling better. Thank you for your wonderful comments.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have been very pleased with our stay. Very clean rooms, extremely friendly staff and super indoor pool! They even called me a couple of days ahead of time to see IfI had any special needs. That is super service!!

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. Our housekeeping staff is so excited about your kind words. We believe in old fashioned hospitality, that is why we have initiated the pre-check in courtesy call. We want to be able to provide to you and all our guests the best personalized service that we possibly can. We are looking forward to your next trip to Alpine. We will save you a room.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stay in hotels all across the United States for business, usually in IHG properties. I've stayed in almost all of the hotels in the chain from Intercontinental Hotels to Holiday Inn Express, so I feel like I have a pretty good understanding of how things are supposed to work.

Most of my nights in Holiday Inn Expresses are pretty much the same: breakfast is the same, rooms are the same, bathroom amenities are the same. I actually like the consistency since it's nice to know what you are going to get from place to place.

The Holiday Inn Express in Alpine surprised me though. The lobby of this hotel was absolutely beautiful! It was one of the most architecturally pleasing spaces I've encountered in a Holiday Inn Express. I believe it was prettier than most of the Holiday Inns I've stayed in. It was just lovely. The style continued into the guest room as well. The room was comfortable, well lit, and I always appreciate having a constant fan feature in a room as it reduces outside noise.

The staff were very pleasant, and made me feel very welcome. I really appreciate it when I check in to a hotel and the employees act like they are glad I am there. (Believe me, it doesn't always happen that way.)

If I can find anything to criticize about this property, it would be very minor. I've stayed in so many HIX properties that these days I tend to be totally underwhelmed at the breakfasts. I really don't like the omelets, but I assume HIX has done studies to find out that some guests actually like them so I figure its something I just have to deal with. However, I do expect the biscuits to be soft and the meat option fresh. This particular hotel needs to work a bit on the breakfast. Both the biscuit and the ham were dry. But that said - the cereal is always a fine option.

Over all, this is a fine place to stay and I would absolutely recommend it to travelers!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paresh J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alpine Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

WOW!!! What a great review. All the members of our team strive for excellence and after this outstanding review we feel like we have achieved our goal and will continue to provide the same service to all. As to our guest services. Our team REALLY enjoy our guests and we try very hard to extend to all our best Southern Hospitality. We want you to feel as if you are a part of our family.
We appreciate your wonderful words of praise. We hope you come back to see us soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Excellent breakfast, with many hot and cold choices. Very quiet, clean, new; firm bed. I thought it was especially nice of them to give me a complimentary ride to train station, since taxis are not numerous. Would definitely stay here again. Staff very nice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Paresh J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alpine Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with everyone on Trip Advisor. Your comfort and happiness is our Number 1 priority and we are glad that we have succeeded. We are happy to hear that you will be back with us in the future. Thank you so much for making our hotel your new home away from home.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just about the nicest lobby I've ever seen when entering a Holiday Inn Express. The desk clerk was friendly and efficient, and the room was clean and comfortable. It has a constant fan for restful sleeping (important to me), and everything was in order for a comfortable stay. And I'm happy to report that they had hot coffee available at all hours. I love a hot coffee in the evening.

The breakfast was my least favorite, the omelets. But I piled on the salsa and made do. The biscuits were a bit dry, as was the ham. Probably not the best breakfast I've had at a HIX, but all of them rotate between omelets and scrambled eggs, so it's a 50/50 gamble.. They also had a pancake machine, so if I ate pancakes it would have been just fine. :)
If I could make requests of the entire chain, I would ask for
1) Whole milk, and
2) Scrambled eggs instead of those crappy omelets.
If I weren't avoiding carbs, I'd just load up on those incredible cinnamon rolls they have. Best ever. And if you aren't worried about such things, chances are you'll have a great little breakfast to get you on your way.

Room Tip: Join the Priority Club if you travel much at all. It pays off.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hold-the-Elevator

Thank you for your kind words and lovely comments about our hotel. With out our guests feed back we could not strive to make each stay more enjoyable than the last. We get a lot of comments on our lobby floor. I agree it is one of the most beautiful floors I have seen in any hotel. We listened to your comments about your breakfast experience and have made some changes so that you will have a great experience on your next visit. We also now have whole milk. We are so fortunate to have such loyal and great guests. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Alpine area.