“Tasty burgers!”

Buffalo Rose
Cuisines: American
“Tasty burgers!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We drove past this place once and missed it, the building and signage don't stand out too well. The restaurant was very dark inside, and because we were eating a late lunch, there were only a few other people eating when we were seated. Our waitress was very friendly, and the burgers we ordered were hot and tasty (we ordered a Cajun burger and a buffalo chicken burger and split them). The waitress even offered to cut them in half for us when I told her we'd be sharing. The fries were pretty darn good too. I'd love to go back and try the steak next time we're in Alpine for dinner.

As a side note, I didn't use the restroom, but my husband did, and he said it was awful unfortunately. Pretty run down, and the commode handle was broken and you had to flush by putting your hand in the tank. Hopefully they've fixed that. Other than that the food was great, the restaurant was clean and the service was quick. We would definitely visit again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sarah_B_Dallas

San Antonio, Texas
“Good food and plenty of it....”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The décor is old country, kinda dark, but mom in law liked it. The staff is friendly and attentive. The food is good and we took home doggy bags. Very good steak, nachos, fetticini, salads and chicken strips.

Visited August 2013
Georgetown, Texas
“Good, juicy burger.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I upgraded to the bison burger. Juicy, tasty and hit the spot. Fries are handout, nice and salty and spoof good. Best kept secret in Alpine.

Visited August 2013
Canton, Georgia
“Poor service, good food”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The food in this restaurant was great, but the service was really not outstanding. We ordered steaks and were very happy with the way they were cooked.

Visited July 2013
San Marcos, Texas
“TERRIBLE, UNFRIENDLY, RUDE!!!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was part of a group that came into the Buffalo Rose Saloon to grab a bite to eat on our way to our final destination. From the moment we stepped into the restaurant we were not greeted just asked "how many" we said 16 and the lady told us that they could not seat us all together. I replied we did not have to sit together, she sighed and said "well I guess come in" she sat us and then came back and said "we don't have enough menus for you people so yall will have to share" as she proceeded to throw one menu per table at us. She complained we wanted to pay with more than one credit card and complained there was only herself (red/brown hair) and a young blonde girl working. I was appalled they were so resistant to serve us I wanted to leave as fast as possible!! horrible service, if you don't want to serve people, CLOSE YOUR RESTAURANT!! I WILL NEVER GO BACK AN ENCOURAGE OUT OF TOWN VISITORS TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited June 2013